The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Whats a good TV series? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/whats-good-tv-series-155296/)

.Delete. 03-03-2013 12:45 PM

Whats a good TV series?

I don't have actual TV in my apartment. I only have a Netflix and Hulu subscription. I always have to have something playing on the TV for backround noise when I am home. Lately I have gotten stuck I don't know what to watch.

I have watched Doctor Who, Supernatural, Gossip girl, Walking Dead, American Horror Story and Revenge so far. I didn't really like Gossip girl too catty for me. But I love Dr. Who, Supernatural, WD, AHS and Revenge. Any suggestions?!

CCH 03-03-2013 01:06 PM

Prison Break
Kidnapped
Vampire Diaries
Pretty Little liars
Grey's Anatomy
Bones
Law & Order
The Riches
Scandal

I got an Amazon Prime membership at Christmas. It's $79 but they have some different than Netflix streaming available. 2 day fed ex in certain purchases is free and overnight is $3.99/item. I'm currently watching The Closer on Amazon and trying to get into Eureka on netflix.

I haven't had TV since May 2011. In the winter, I go through quite a bit of online streaming content, and I'm totally ready for spring. I feel like I'm out of shows to watch too and it's hard to get into different genres. I made it through 20 minutes of Gossip Girl. Hated it. Supernatural is my favorite so far. I watch it in the CW online to keep up.
Posted via Mobile Device

DraftyAiresMum 03-03-2013 01:08 PM

Firefly
Bones
Human Target
Burn Notice
Posted via Mobile Device

Maple 03-03-2013 01:12 PM

My favourite show at the moment is Chicago Fire. I dont watch a huge amount of telly but I make sure to catch it.

Fort fireman 03-03-2013 01:19 PM

I've gotten into watching the Americans on FX. It's a pretty good show.
I also watch alot of the history channel but have laid off quite a bit since they became reality tv central like everything else.

Fort fireman 03-03-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maple (Post 1920542)
My favourite show at the moment is Chicago Fire. I dont watch a huge amount of telly but I make sure to catch it.

I've tried to watch that show but can't seem to get through an episode. To much drama for me. That and I spend the whole time critiquing the fire stuff. :lol:

Maple 03-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fort fireman (Post 1920550)
I've tried to watch that show but can't seem to get through an episode. To much drama for me. That and I spend the whole time critiquing the fire stuff. :lol:

It's like a new Third Watch, which I had great memories of watching. I have no knowledge of firefighting, and it's got plenty of eye candy for myself and the husband to both enjoy :lol: I have no knowledge to critique it, so just enjoy the views :)

I will admit, I was disappointed with the first episode, but stuck with it and now look forward to it.

Joe4d 03-03-2013 01:27 PM

currently I have Walking Dead and Dexter coming on Netflix

MHFoundation Quarters 03-03-2013 01:30 PM

The Walking Dead!!! They have the first 2 seasons on Netflix. Have to start at the beginning. We didn't watch it when it started, decided to check it out on a whim and DH & I watched the first 2 seasons in a weekend. Didn't get jack done around the farm that weekend but I have a new favorite show lol.

ETA - just saw you have watched it....that's what I get for just reading the thread title.

Breaking Bad and Mad Men are both pretty good too. DH has been watching all of the SNL best of shows on there.

LeahKathleen 03-03-2013 01:30 PM

Call me crazy, but I LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It's clever and funny, and the characters are awesome.