The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Holding Own Birthday Bash...Cake? (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/holding-own-birthday-bash-cake-155361/)

VelvetsAB 03-03-2013 09:55 PM

Holding Own Birthday Bash...Cake?

So I am going out for my birthday next weekend, and everyone is coming over to my place for pre-drinks, then we will be cabbing to the bar.

I do not expect any of my friends to bring a cake, but how acceptable is it to make my own? One friend said he was going to bring an ice cream cake, but I am not a fan, and ice cream before drinking doesn't seem like a good idea. LOL. I even thought of hiding it in the oven, which won't be in use that day, just incase someone did show up with one.

Lameness scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the lamest...which is it? There wouldn't be any candles on it, or any writing, just a plain chocolate cake with white icing.

JaphyJaphy 03-03-2013 10:07 PM

If you want a cake, make a cake.

Faceman 03-03-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaphyJaphy (Post 1921297)

I agree, but why would you want to ruin a chocoate cake by putting white icing on it?...:rofl:

CCH 03-03-2013 10:16 PM

How about birthday cake martinis? Cake and pre-gaming all in one. I've never had one, so I can about imagine how well the cream & sweetness would go with a night of drinking...

I say make a cake and enjoy it!
Posted via Mobile Device

riccil0ve 03-03-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaphyJaphy (Post 1921297)

I agree. It's your birthday, you can eat as much cake as you want! I've done my own before. Didn't make it, but I bought myself a cake for my 20th. It was an Ice Age cake. =]

I, personally, am a fan of white cake. I find it usually has more flavor, and chocolate tends to vary a lot. But to each their own. You can make it chocolate if you want. =P
Posted via Mobile Device

gypsygirl 03-03-2013 10:29 PM

if you want cake, make it ! thats what i would do....you shouldnt have to apologize for something YOU want to do on YOUR bday =]

VelvetsAB 03-03-2013 10:57 PM

Well, I was asking more because I was not sure of the etiquette on it, in case someone DID show up with a cake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1921303)
I agree, but why would you want to ruin a chocoate cake by putting white icing on it?...:rofl:

LOL Face. I am not a fan of chocolate icing, actually. Plus, I make homemade icing, rather then using the canned stuff!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCH (Post 1921311)
How about birthday cake martinis? Cake and pre-gaming all in one. I've never had one, so I can about imagine how well the cream & sweetness would go with a night of drinking...

I say make a cake and enjoy it!
Posted via Mobile Device

We are more so a group of beer drinkers, so I am not sure how well martini's would go over, but I do like the suggestion. (How does one make a birthday cake martini anyway? The shaker thing, vodka, triple sec, and creme de chocolate?)

I was planning on having stuff for polar bear or swedish berry shots available...

Thanks everyone for your chime ins!

cakemom 03-04-2013 10:12 PM

Make cupcakes
Posted via Mobile Device

VelvetsAB 03-04-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakemom (Post 1922793)
Make cupcakes
Posted via Mobile Device

That thought also went through my head, so that I wouldn't have to worry about forks and such. It is still very much a possibility!

Unless....You baked me a cake and shipped it! LOL I've seen pics of yours, and they are awesome.