The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   First time riding new horse and new saddle! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/first-time-riding-new-horse-new-155393/)

Marlea Warlea 03-04-2013 07:54 AM

First time riding new horse and new saddle!

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all, so this weekend I rode my (hopefully) new horse for the first time and it was also my first time in a stock saddle, what do you think?

Cacowgirl 03-04-2013 08:43 AM

From what I can see of the saddle -it looks nice, but you might want to drop your stirrups down a bit.

wausuaw 03-04-2013 09:22 AM

^^^ your thighs should be the same angle as the poleys. (Your legs a bit straighter, and more of your weight in the stirrups than your used to) But, I'm not sure of the difference with combo saddles?

Nice saddle, nice horse!

crazyhattricks 03-06-2013 11:33 AM

Pretty pony!
You should have the widest part of your foot (the ball of your foot) on the stirrup. Also your heels need to be more down. Your foot looks like its loosely in there and that can cause problems if your horse spooks or bolts you can fall right off! And noone likes falling off! In the first picture I'd straighten out your back a little bit more, but in the second one it looks fine. Keep up the good work!
Posted via Mobile Device

Annanoel 03-06-2013 01:10 PM

I do agree with others! Your leg should definitley be straighter, with more of your foot in the stirrup. Love that saddle though! I've always loved the combos. What are you planning to do with him? He's gorgeous.

Marlea Warlea 03-07-2013 03:02 AM

Thankyou for all the critique guys! I'm used to riding english style, this is my first time ever riding a horse trained in something other than english but I've always wanted to get into stock riding/western and we've been looking for the perfect horse for some time, this little beauty just happened to come up at the right time, he's an absolute stunner! So happy with him!

Oxer 03-09-2013 09:55 PM

I am in love with your pony!

Endiku 03-09-2013 10:58 PM

What a handsome boy! I was wondering where you went off to Marlea...glad you see you back. You're growing into a beautiful young lady, and both your potential horse and your tack are stunning! How old is he/what is his name?

Marlea Warlea 03-12-2013 08:23 PM

Thank you :)
My goodness its been close to two years since I've last been on if my memory is correct! That's very sweet, thank you very much :)
We've officially bought him, his names 'Ahuli' which mean 'drums' in american indian and he's 9 years old. Little Marlea's just unfortunatly getting a bit TOO little for me, which I am rather upset about but mum said we can still keep her as my brother will move on to her one day, plus she was my first pony and therefore shes my special baby ehe :)