The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Carrots (official topic) (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/carrots-official-topic-15541/)

Rachluvshorses4eva 10-05-2008 03:38 AM

Carrots (official topic)

Hello!
A lot of people are asking what the carrots are for, how to find them, where to find them and what they look like. Well, to answer all of your questions, I made up a little questions and answers thread!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.)
Q.What are the carrots for?
A.The carrots are not specifically for anything at all. It is just basically a little game to make surfing the forum more fun, and if you want to put it this way, more exciting and rewarding. Although some people say it's to feed your horses with, it hasn't exactly be officialized.
2.)
Q. How do you find them, and where?
A. You find them up the top of a main section, such as Horse Breeding, Horse Grooming, Horse Pictures, etc. You will not find them on top of a thread or a post, but on top of a section.
3.)
Q. What do you do when you find one?
A. You simply click on 'collect the carrot'. It will also tell you how many carrots you have before you click on the button.
4.)
Q. Is the carrot flying around, or is still and what does it look like?
The carrot is not flying around at all. It is a still picture. Here is an image which should explain what it looks like:
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...tchacarrot.jpg
5.)
Q. Is there a limit on how many carrots you can find?
A. No, there is no limit on how many carrots you can find. Some people have 20, others 25, others only 10.
6.)
Q. What happens after you found a carrot?
A. A new one is placed in a different section at random. You will also get a message saying that you caught one and you now have so many carrots.
7.)
Q. Is there any popular places where carrots are found, if so, where?
A. No, there isn't. All of the carrots are hidden at random. While some people might find them in the Horse Grooming section 9 out of 10 times, others might find them in a different place each time.
8.)
Q. Are they hidden throughout all of the horse forum, or just specific sections?
A. They are hidden throughout all of the sections, even the sub-forums.
9.)
Q. Is there only one carrot hidden at a time?
A. Yes, there is only one carrot hidden at a time. Once you have found a carrot, a new one is hidden.
10.)
Q. What if I see one, go to click on it and it says I didn't get it?
A. It is most likely that somebody else found the carrot before you and clicked the button faster. If that is not the case, please contact a moderator or the Administrator.
11.)
Q. What if I don't want to click on the button? Will it still be there?
A. You don't have to collect them, but if you leave the carrot and go to a different section, the chances are it will be snatched up by somebody else.
12.)
Q. I went into a section, clicked on a thread, but them realized that there was a carrot. What do I do?
A. You can either press the back button, or go to the section again via the Horse Forum Index. Hopefully it should still be there unless somebody snatched it up before you got there.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any more questions please let me know!
I hope this helped a lot of people! Please let me know if it did!

Mike_Admin 10-05-2008 07:48 AM

Great guide, Rachluvshorses4eva! Thank you for creating it. :) I would like to emphasize one thing I consider important about the feature. Feel free to incorporate this into your guide.

Quote:

7.) Q. Is there any popular places where carrots are found, if so, where?
A. No, there isn't. All of the carrots are hidden at random. While some people might find them in the Horse Grooming section 9 out of 10 times, others might find them in a different place each time.
There is only one carrot hidden on the forum at any given time and it is hidden in a specific place, so it is not the case that carrots randomly appear for members in the sense that a carrot may appear for Rachluvshorses4eva in the Horse Breeding forum and may appear for Vidaloco at the same time in the Horse Grooming forum.

Instead, the same carrot will be hidden in the same place for all members, just as if we we were all in a barn and hid a carrot in a single stall, and it is a matter of who finds it first. Once found, a new carrot will be hidden somewhere on the forum, and the member to find it first gets to keep it.

This is an important distinction because a feature that randomly displays an image for members that they get a point if they click on is far less cool than what we've implemented, which is essentially a multiplayer game that runs throughout the forum, where members can actually compete to find the carrot. 8)

Rachluvshorses4eva 10-05-2008 11:45 PM

Thanks Mike-that's exactly what I meant! I guess I should of explained it more better.

Spyder 10-06-2008 12:35 AM

Ah, no wonder why I have not seen any. I never look at the whole section. I always go through the "View new posts" so that excludes the looking at a whole section.

No problem though as they don't mean anything to me...have fun everyone.

Rachluvshorses4eva 10-06-2008 02:29 AM

GoodO

Angel_Leaguer 10-06-2008 04:51 PM

So with the new lay out are we going to get our carrots back???? lol I was having fun trying to find them

4EverPainted 10-06-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer (Post 162086)
So with the new lay out are we going to get our carrots back???? lol I was having fun trying to find them

^^ I was wondering the same thing.

Mike_Admin 10-06-2008 05:25 PM

I'm going to do my best to try to figure out how to add them back as soon as I can.

Joshie 10-07-2008 12:11 AM

I hope so. I had nine or ten of the things. I have absolutely no idea WHY I like to catch them but I do!

sempre_cantando 10-07-2008 12:22 AM

lol I did notice that some ppl got quite a lot of carrots! me included - I had something like 34 hehe