The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Sizzle's Foaling Thread (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/sizzles-foaling-thread-155445/)

Red Cedar Farm 03-04-2013 07:50 PM

Sizzle's Foaling Thread

3 Attachment(s)
Sooooo, I guess it's time to start RCF C Me Sizzle's official foaling thread. She's now beginning to show some changes, and I figure I may as well get the ball rolling.
First off, let me explain what's going on... Sizzle is a home bred mare by my previous Hancock bred stallion, Prospect Avenue Gold (aka Sunny), and my former broodmare Zip's Irish Chip (an own grand daughter of Zips Chocolate Chip). I was not looking to breed Sizzle, as she is my husband's sorting and trail horse. Go figure.
Enter Mac Elvis, my then 2 year old foundation bred stud colt, who, yes, was running with the herd. I wasn't worried about him breeding Sizzle (naively) because my gelding standard donkey, Lenny (who had bred mares in the past), wouldn't let Elvis ANYWHERE near Sizzle while she was in heat. In fact, I never saw him breed her or even get close enough to. I'm assuming Lenny must have slept once, or blinked maybe, because Lo and Behold, here is Sizzle ready to foal.
The problem: Sizzle was observed in full standing heat on the week of April 13th 2012. Then she had a ONE DAY heat on May 12th...so I don't know exactly when this baby is due. To make this more fun, Sizzle is a maiden, and we all know how predictable maidens are, right? :evil:

Now that y'all are up to speed on the romance of Sizzle and Elvis, I'll post some pics of the momma to be. :wink:

This first set of pics are from Feb.

Red Cedar Farm 03-04-2013 07:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This next set is from tonight.

anniegirl 03-04-2013 10:36 PM

Awee!!!! Sounds like she was bred in and around the same time as my maiden Mare Annie:) Ive just noticed in the last few days that her udders have trippled in size and yesterday and today she is always holding her tail up...its so hard with not knowing the exact breeding date and them being maiden to boot!! Cant wait to see your baby!!!!!!!! :):)

Red Cedar Farm 03-04-2013 10:45 PM

Likewise! I'm a baby junky! hehehe!
It's just been the past couple of days that I've noticed Sizzle starting her "changes" as well. Getting the boobie shots is difficult because she really hates me bugging her under her belly...she always has.
I think it would be so cool if Annie and Sizzle foal the same day! LOL!

toosexy4myspotz 03-05-2013 04:35 PM

What a pair!!!! Sizzle and Elvis!! I love it!!! Good luck!!!

anniegirl 03-11-2013 10:58 PM

Im trying not to lose too much sleep yet...lol Miss Annie is getting quite annoyed with me bothering her so much...are you hoping for a colt or filly??

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-13-2013 02:57 PM

Can't wait!! I am so addicted to these foaling threads!! Hoping for a good healthy foal and a easy birth for momma!

Red Cedar Farm 03-13-2013 09:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I totally know what you mean...I'm so addicted to these threads...and Mare Stare....and.... LOL! I'm still stalking your guys' threads as well as several others. Can't get enough of those babies! :wink:
Well, Sizzle's been in a holding pattern since I last posted pics, and actually a couple of days later her udder kind of went down. She FINALLY seems to be picking up where she left off and is beginning to develop her udders again. At this point, I'm convinced that April 19th will most likely be her due date...which is okay by me. Her stall is now about dry enough to completely revamp so I can start putting her in at nights again.

The first pic shows how her udders kind of deflated last week. The rest of the pics are from this evening.

Ambomoonu 03-13-2013 09:55 PM

She looks just like my mare progress wise and my mare is due the 30 if you go by 340 days

anniegirl 03-14-2013 10:04 AM

Aweee...it will be interesting to see who goes first....Sizzle or Annie:):) They look very simular in their progress!! Sizzle's udder makes a heart shape too....just sayin...LOL