The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Movies, Music, and TV (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/)
-   -   Breaking Dawn 2 vs. Interview with a Vampire (http://www.horseforum.com/movies-music-tv/breaking-dawn-2-vs-interview-vampire-155461/)

Muppetgirl 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

Breaking Dawn 2 vs. Interview with a Vampire

Ok, so on the plane home from vacation there was little choice in movies.....so I watched Breaking Dawn 2.........what a bunch of garbage! I've watched Interview with a Vampire and read nearly all the Anne Rice novels...they have so much more depth and substance.....Breaking Dawn was just a cheap knock-off and it seems to be a bad attempt to emulate the Anne Rice novels.....
I'm really surprised this Breaking Dawn has such a following......
What are your thoughts?

riccil0ve 03-05-2013 12:21 AM

I personally love the Twilight movies, because they are so terrible. The last one was actually really good, in comparison to the rest.

I liked Interview With a Vampire too. But sometimes, most of the time, I want to watch something light. Just because they are both vampire movies doesn't mean they should be held to the same standard, just like I won't hold Disney's The Rescuers to the same standard I would Taken. Different type of movie entirely, you know?

To each their own. Some people don't enjoy bad movies like I do. The cheesier, the better, I say! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 03-05-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riccil0ve (Post 1923079)
I personally love the Twilight movies, because they are so terrible. The last one was actually really good, in comparison to the rest.

I liked Interview With a Vampire too. But sometimes, most of the time, I want to watch something light. Just because they are both vampire movies doesn't mean they should be held to the same standard, just like I won't hold Disney's The Rescuers to the same standard I would Taken. Different type of movie entirely, you know?

To each their own. Some people don't enjoy bad movies like I do. The cheesier, the better, I say! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Haha ok you're an exception to the rule.....please don't become a movie critic!:lol:

riccil0ve 03-05-2013 12:36 AM

God no. I am way too picky in some ways and so not in others. Twilight is a whole lot of train wreck, I had to see it through, lol.

But I still wouldn't compare it to Interview With a Vampire. Your comparing a child's book to adult literature. Totally different ballpark, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 03-05-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riccil0ve (Post 1923100)
God no. I am way too picky in some ways and so not in others. Twilight is a whole lot of train wreck, I had to see it through, lol.

But I still wouldn't compare it to Interview With a Vampire. Your comparing a child's book to adult literature. Totally different ballpark, lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ya I guess you make a good point! I was a teenager when I read the Anne Rice books and now teenagers are reading the Twilight Series......gee they're missing out!:wink:

riccil0ve 03-05-2013 12:47 AM

Twilight is horribly written. The story line is nothing but crazy co-dependent drivel. But hey, it was fun to watch Kristen Stewart try to act, and once Taylor Lautner lost some of the baby face, him taking his shirt off made it all worth while, haha!

I am glad I grew up with Harry Potter. Teaches young impressionables much better things than cling to bossy jerk boyfriend while also leading someone on and get married ASAP.

Movie wise though, HP was pretty awful at first too, but again, it's the cheesy that I love. I know. I'm super weird. =P

I never did read Anne Rice... I should probably give it a try.
Posted via Mobile Device

Muppetgirl 03-05-2013 12:49 AM

Once you start the Anne Rice.....you'll be hooked!:wink:

WSArabians 03-05-2013 12:07 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE Anne Rice! Favourite all time author, EVER. I was so mad at her husband for dying, because now she won't write anymore.
Louis is my absolute favourite. And Quinn.

BUT... the movie. My god, I have never seen too big names actors run around like a bunch of idiots. Those two completely ruined the movie.

So, they both get big thumbs down for me. :lol:

ladygodiva1228 03-05-2013 01:39 PM

Interview with a Vampire I liked. I have yet to be able to sit through the first Twilight movie. But I must say for me the best vampire movie would have to be Bram Stoker's Dracula. Just an amazing love story.

Speed Racer 03-05-2013 01:46 PM

I can't believe any adult would think the Twilight garbage is even in the same universe as 'good', but I have grown nieces who like it. Much to my chagrin. I blame their clueless tastelessness on their mother's side of the family! :twisted:

Sparkly, emo, angsty, homoerotic vampires who don't drink human blood? Spare me! Give me vampires like Colin Farrell in Fright Night, Bram Stoker's Dracula, and even the silent film Nosferatu. Those are vampires, not these weak, whiny, wimpy, sparkly excuses for blood suckers. :-x