The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Navy News! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/navy-news-155497/)

Tennessee 03-05-2013 02:52 PM

Navy News!

5 Attachment(s)
Hey all! So, as some of you know I've been in schooling for the Navy for the past few months, and finally all my hard work has paid off because I graduated today! My new title is "MMFA Webb"! Here is a few pictures from my graduation! (and fyi...that great big piece of machinery behind me and the one I am sitting on is the heart and soul of the operational procedures of getting the ship underway...the steam boiler)

ALSO, I recently found out that in due time I will be reporting to the USS Bataan! I've included some pictures of it, too.

I'm super excited and ready to get to the fleet and kick ass!

Roperchick 03-05-2013 02:57 PM

Congrats! Was this your basic grad? Or advanced training?

Tennessee 03-05-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1923809)
Congrats! Was this your basic grad? Or advanced training?

A-school. I graduated bootcamp about 5 months ago.

Roperchick 03-05-2013 03:03 PM

Oh nice! Welcome to the real military lol

Nightside 03-05-2013 03:04 PM

Lol I was a coastie. Have fun on your ship!
Posted via Mobile Device

redpony 03-05-2013 03:05 PM

Congratulations! Thank you for your service. My son is Army, currently deployed in Afganistan.

Tennessee 03-05-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1923817)
Oh nice! Welcome to the real military lol

For real! I am so glad to be out of "student status" and be able to call myself an actual sailor with an actual rate and title. haha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightside (Post 1923818)
Lol I was a coastie. Have fun on your ship!
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh yeah. Ship life...whew...it's gonna suck, but I was born for hard work and long hours.

Tennessee 03-05-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redpony (Post 1923820)
Congratulations! Thank you for your service. My son is Army, currently deployed in Afganistan.

Thank you. My prayers are with your son! I am sure he is in good hands beside his brothers!

Roperchick 03-05-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennessee (Post 1923822)
For real! I am so glad to be out of "student status" and be able to call myself an actual sailor with an actual rate and title. haha.

Its different for sure. Seems like yesterday i was just another "stupid private" in TRADOC...three yrs later im in HI

Definitely keep us updated of all your adventures

Nightside 03-06-2013 08:50 AM

Haha if you were a coastie you'd still be a nonrate unless you wanted to be a cook.or a watchstander. All the other A schools have at least a 2 year wait. Mine was 8 years. I said nah, no thanks, I'll do my time and I'm out.

I wasn't on a ship, but had lots of buddies that were, and we even had a navy gal with us. She said snacks were like currency, so stock up whatever you can fit in a locker. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device