The Horse Forum banner

Hi from Italy :)

2K views 40 replies 13 participants last post by  Iota 
#1 ·
Hello everybody!

My name is Alessandra and I am from an island of Italy.
Time ago I signed up in the horseforum italian version but now I would like to part of your group, too!!!

Well, here a little bit about me :)
I am 28 years old and I graduated in Animal Biology in the Science University of my town. I worked in a Vet Laboratory in my town where I did blood tests of dogs, cats and horses, I love that work so much.

I also studied Equine Nutrition and Behaviour, at the moment I am doing some researches about that.

I have a horse on my own since he has just a foal, and three donkeys, I love them so much :) ...and my dog, I just love her!!!!

Well, hope to be part with you in this forum, see you soon!!!!

Best,
Alessandra

#8 ·
Thank you everybody !!
Well, my nickname is Iota because that's the name of my sweetheart, he is a Connemara e I have him on my own since he was a foal :)
Then I also have three sweet donkeys and a dog, I love all them so much!
I graduated in Animal Biology at the University of my country and soon I am going to spend some horse courses abroad so it can be very useful to improve my English language knowledge !!
Anyway, it's beautiful to meet new horse lovers!!!
In the italian version I have some friends by the forum, hope it will be the same also here!!!

Well, it's better to go!!!!

See you soon :)

#23 ·
Ok, Let's go!!

My sweetheart is a Connemara pony, irish native horse breed but he was born in France.
He is 16 years old now and I have hime on my own since he was just a foal, a life together already :)

We started riding competition, esp. jumping and dressage, we also did years ago a cross country comp. (the obstacles in the field...) and since about 2 years ago I was keeping him in riding center (we changed some riding stables all these years ...) but 2 years ago I moved them (horse and donkeys) to our new home, where we have some confortable stables and paddocks for them :) ... it's just marvellous to have them at home, when he was at riding center I saw him 1-2 times a day but at home I can visit him also when he is sleeping .... so nice :)

Ok here I add some pics of him :) so you can see my sweetheart :)

Ok, about my long ear friends :)
Well, about 5 years ago I met in the riding center where I was a rescue donkey, a little female, that wasn't without owner and she needed to be bought by somebody ... so she became part of my family with her friend, a male donkey. I see in her eyes a marvellous joy of life! They are my life, I love them soo much!!! And last April their new born !!! :)

Ok, now I put some pics of them.

The dark donkey is the female :)
The grey donkey is the little stallion :)
And then the baby :)
... here my family!!!!

Attachments

#28 ·
Ooh mamma......che dolce......I adore donkeys! And what a handsome daddy:)
did you know the university of Pisa has a well known donkey breeding program? I saw the herd. Cannot remember what breed, but it's a rare breed and they're doing it to conserve it.
Il cavallino.....good looking, talented boy. Reminds me a lot of one of my horses, his face and expression:)

#32 ·
Hi Cowboy, nice to meet you :)
I studied Equine Nutrition with Edinburgh University and I learnt a lot for my animals. About Behaviour, I studied about wild horse vs. stable horse and at the moment I am doing some researches about the most important difference between horse and donkey behaviour :)

#30 ·
Welcome Allesandra!

Just by chance, I am in the process of planning a short trip to Rome. I wish I had time to explore ALL of Italy, since "me encanta" la Italia. But, I have only 8 or 9 days, so will stay only in Rome to see all the wonderful ancient things, and the artworks! I am so excited! I love everything Italian. Bellisimo!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.