The Horse Forum banner

Snow Pix

7K views 100 replies 28 participants last post by  NBEventer 
#1 ·
I'll start... These are from this morning (Feeding time). I slept in since the government was closed because we are "sceared" to drive.....

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
We got the first real snow of this winter last night. Ended up with 9ish inches. Honor was pretty funny this morning when I turned her out, she wasn't sure what to think of the deep snow - she looked like a big lick horse the way she was moving LOL.

What was on the deck last night when I did chores, got another 3-4 inches after this was taken.
Snow Winter Freezing Winter storm Blizzard

One of the slider doors on the arena, this is the not drifted side - gives an idea of what we ended up with.
Sky Atmospheric phenomenon Winter Atmosphere Highland

Love how it makes the trees look!
Snow Winter Tree Nature Natural landscape

#4 ·
We don't get much snow here... in 2010 we got a few weeks of it, and I LOVED it.. the whole country came to a stop but we had such a good time.

Snow Winter Property Home Freezing

I miss snowy winters terribly, and can't get enough of the snow pics from that side of the world :)

#7 ·
Okay.... Those pictures are.. hmm... what's the word? Oh yeah, cute!
We got dumped on this week! Over a foot in 48 hours. My brother-in-law's 4x4 truck got stuck in the yard (going up an incline). Thank fully his dad came and cleared the yard. Here are a few pictures of before the snow storm and after...
Before

These were taken during the storm.. I'll have to get some of the end result later.

The front deck same location as the first picture. Yes that is a drift.

The drift that was against the door.

We're getting ridiculous amounts of snow this year! A lot more than we usually get and is it ever going to be fun in the spring with flooding.

Reactions: FlyGap
#16 ·
A week ago I began pulling snow off the hay shed roof, up to 4' deep tapering to over a foot. Gotta be careful when removing the weight, just some of one part then go to the other side and remove same amount, back and forth. Otherwise the roof is liable to collapse. I didn't get quite all of it off as I couldn't reach it from the ground. My ladder was under that roof and I wasn't going in there. Yesterday brought about an inch of wet snow but I'm not worried about the roof. It's metal and already melting today with the sunshine.

#18 ·
I wish I had gotten home in daylight... I'd have taken a picture of my snow on day 2... Oh wait... It's gone...

#19 ·
Yep more snow is falling! Not sure I like that, but I guess I have to take it. Here's to hoping the roads stay nice tomorrow evening as I drive up to my parent's place (3 1/2 hours north) after work. I get to go and see my boy two weekends in a row!!!! Yay!!!
Sadly I'll miss my new horse being dropped off by a week. She's coming home on the 16th.

#21 ·
My area was tagged for 10 plus inches and we didnt even get 2 inches. Then it turned to rain.
Posted via Mobile Device
We were tagged with 1-3 and got about 6-8 but it is almost gone now.

#31 ·
We had snow today - yay! Two weeks ago I let Bandit out for the afternoon without his rug on as it was so mild :?

Alas, the country is in turmoil and drivers have lost all sense of reason - prepare yourselves now for the incredible snowfall we have had, which had brought the country to darn near a standstill:

I don't even have running water cause it's frozen :evil: Seriously.. it as like -5 last night, why must the water freeze?

Mom, it's cold out here LET US IN!

Winter Working animal Snow Horse Freezing

OK, seriously, stop with the camera and let us in!

Snow Iron Fence Freezing Wire fencing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.