The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Washington/Oregon Horse talk! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/washington-oregon-horse-talk-155599/)

Stichy 03-06-2013 01:08 PM

Washington/Oregon Horse talk!

Horse talk for people in Washington and Oregon! I figured eh, why not? Great type of forum for "bonding" over hatered of the rain, and how muddy your horse gets over just one night, how elk just bulldoze right through your fence and use your horses stall and eat the feild down right as it starts growing... But anyways, lets start with the rain pain of Washington/Oregon..
It's actually raining right now, so I can say byebye to riding outside :( I feel like I can never ride! Ugh...Is it bad that I'm wishing for no rain for about a week? I don't care if theres clouds, I just need a dry place to ride! Well, there is the barn...but Brandy's coming home as soon as we do her teeth..The "horsie dentist" needs to come home from vacation! Lol

verona1016 03-06-2013 05:28 PM

I've never understood how anyone gets by without a covered arena to ride in :-)

GamingGrrl 03-06-2013 05:58 PM

I'm just about to go venture into this washington rain to freeze my bum off to MTG my boys tail. Oh the things we do for our horses.... :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

Deschutes 03-06-2013 06:30 PM

I don't live in WA but I go there plenty enough to go to equestrian practice and festival!

In my part, during spring/summer, its pretty darn dry. However, the one thing I wanna complain about is the darn ground! Its like landing on sand papered concrete with how sandy and hard it is... Ouch!
Posted via Mobile Device

Stichy 03-06-2013 06:43 PM

Verona, I agree completley! I really dont want to bring Brandy home, haha.
GamingGrrl, Wouldn't it wash off?
Deschutes, I don't know where in WA you go, but can I come? XD It's always rainy in my part, haha...no wonder I'm so pale..

Deschutes 03-06-2013 06:45 PM

Its eastern washington, north of spokane. ; p

And I dunno, its pretty hot in the summer!
Posted via Mobile Device

Klassic Superstar 03-06-2013 06:45 PM

Yeah I was going to ride today.....denied!!! Thankfully had a good ride...two god rides when we had the sudden nice weather! Lol
I'm so ready for spring and miss the other barns with covered arenas...not worth the $500 and drama a month sadly haha
We have a near by horse park but by the time we load the trailer up and the horses and get tacked up...we would be just as soaked and would be finishing up our ride at home...I'm want to get up to the parks covered arena to work on big forward and and steady contact. Denied lol

Paddocks are grossly muddly and lather pretty slick. No point on a trail ride either lol
Lived in both states, currently in WA and just I've to say the nice days make it worth it right?! My Cali friends are whining about the sun and heat...not fair or cool!

Stichy 03-06-2013 07:14 PM

Deschutes, I'll take it! Lol
Klassic Superstar, they are whining about the sun in heat?!? Really? Lol. Maybe they should move to WA...think that would make them happy? ;P

With Grace 03-06-2013 08:24 PM

ughhh this rain...I did ride today though, in the indoor of course! Have a show this weekend, and was sooo excited to see the forecast for SUN!!!

Horse racer 03-06-2013 08:24 PM

Good idea for a thread! I live in the south eastern corner of Washington. I wouldn't mind take an elk off your hands there when the season comes around :wink:. Didn't see anything when I went elk hunting over by Mt. St. Helens this year :-|. But, that's why they call it hunting and not killing.