The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   This girl is impressive (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/girl-impressive-155629/)

My2Geldings 03-06-2013 07:37 PM

This girl is impressive

Think of the amount of talent they have, and how much trust they've build :shock:

riccil0ve 03-06-2013 08:01 PM

Definitely impressive, but I can't say I'm more impressed with this than with those that do reining or dressage bareback and bitless. It is always nice to see a pair that can take their relationship this far.
Posted via Mobile Device

farmpony84 03-06-2013 08:05 PM

Eh.... it's ok.... I'm more impressed w/ the baby in your avatar. Is that yours?

My2Geldings 03-06-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1925926)
Eh.... it's ok.... I'm more impressed w/ the baby in your avatar. Is that yours?

LOL farmpony :lol: you made me laugh. She is my baby, had her since October. I have a journal for her in the journals.

http://www.horseforum.com/member-jou...ournal-140279/

farmpony84 03-06-2013 08:18 PM

I love her. You are so much braver then me with the babies...

My2Geldings 03-06-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1925962)
I love her. You are so much braver then me with the babies...

:lol: babies are easy, they are just VERY TIME CONSUMING. I absolutely love working with my own babies because it allows you to mold them the way you want, and train them the way you want. The only part I will not do, is the breaking under saddle. In the past I've had my own trainer do the basics of W/T/C and basic aids, then I continue the rest with a trainer.

Babies are a blast. I've only had amazing experiences doing it. It's well worth it.

farmpony84 03-06-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 1925970)
:lol: babies are easy, they are just VERY TIME CONSUMING. I absolutely love working with my own babies because it allows you to mold them the way you want, and train them the way you want. The only part I will not do, is the breaking under saddle. In the past I've had my own trainer do the basics of W/T/C and basic aids, then I continue the rest with a trainer.

Babies are a blast. I've only had amazing experiences doing it. It's well worth it.

I've been kicking around getting one. I'm thinking I could get a killer hose for $4500 if I buy it as a yearling and then send it off to someone to start it and then finish it myself. Riley was my first baby and I had no idea how to do the ground work stuff but now I think I could do it... plus I found this awesome trainer that does phenomenal ground work. I actually took some lessons from him on the ground...

I'm going to start following your journal. Maybe that will be my decision maker.... so don't screw up!:wink:

My2Geldings 03-06-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmpony84 (Post 1925975)
I've been kicking around getting one. I'm thinking I could get a killer hose for $4500 if I buy it as a yearling and then send it off to someone to start it and then finish it myself. Riley was my first baby and I had no idea how to do the ground work stuff but now I think I could do it... plus I found this awesome trainer that does phenomenal ground work. I actually took some lessons from him on the ground...

I'm going to start following your journal. Maybe that will be my decision maker.... so don't screw up!:wink:

Absolutely you could do it! I can help you with the process :D you have a lot of horse experience so I don't think you're giving yourself the credit you should be getting. The big scary stuff you pay someone else to do, but all the raising you do. It's not difficult. The first few growing up, I learned from trainers. It all comes with time and experience.