The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Warmblood mare... Lame or NOT? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/warmblood-mare-lame-not-155711/)

duke7 03-07-2013 04:52 PM

Warmblood mare... Lame or NOT?

Came across this sale video and I'm perplexed by the horse's movement.
IS she lame? Is she stiff? Her hind end looks very odd to me at the trot especially, but maybe I've just been staring too hard at the video.

I always second guess myself when it comes to a horse's movement instead of going with my gut, so I'm looking for your opinions

Thanks!

Maygar Csinos Mimi 2013 - YouTube

Endiku 03-07-2013 05:04 PM

I only glanced her over, but she seems to be very short strided in the back, especially at the canter on her right lead.

Almond Joy 03-07-2013 05:11 PM

Subbing- I see what you see but it doesn't seem TERRIBLY bad..But what do I know I'm just a beginner/indermediate...

GotaDunQH 03-09-2013 01:53 PM

Yea....I'm not liking something in her hind end. Her hocks are very hitchy at the trot and she leaves them dangling out behind her and doesn't want to step under. It's at the trot AND the canter.

Golden Horse 03-09-2013 02:07 PM

LOL, I started at the other end and I don't like how her head moves at the trot, got a slight nod the whole time.

Elana 03-09-2013 03:37 PM

I do not see leg lameness in this horse. If she has hock soreness it is bilateral.

What I do see is sitffness. If the stiffness is because she needs a chiro or more training or has bilateral sore hocks I cannot say. She DOES need more training as she falls apart in her downward transistions and runs into the gait for the upward transitions.

Ray MacDonald 03-09-2013 04:07 PM

I almost feel like when places one of her hind feet, she places it down and then forward again, like spraying sand infront of the hoof instead of behind the hoof. If that makes any sense...