The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   BIG 17.2H Dutch/TB cross I'm considering (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/big-17-2h-dutch-tb-cross-155797/)

duke7 03-08-2013 02:50 PM

BIG 17.2H Dutch/TB cross I'm considering

1 Attachment(s)
What do we think of this big guy's conformation? Is he built decently for being so tall or no?
Attached a video of him moving too, just so you can see him in action

TurnNBurn144 03-08-2013 02:58 PM

i like him, but do NOT like the rider at all. i would like to see him with somebody who is quite in their seat and then see him worked. i think hes a nice guy though. worth a look.
Posted via Mobile Device

Golden Horse 03-08-2013 03:11 PM

The rider was what kept catching my my eye as well they looked very 'braced' as though the horse is either very strong, or likely to throw in a massive buck or two:lol:

I would ask a lot of questions about the horse.

Having said that he looks quite nicely balanced for a big guy, worth finding out more.

wetrain17 03-08-2013 03:45 PM

I didnt see anything that jumped out, but I too, couldn't get passed the rider. I would go look at him if it were me.

duke7 03-08-2013 04:43 PM

I agree, rider is very distracting. I am inclined to think he's just a lousy rider and not blame the horse, but then again if the horse DOES have a history of bucking that might explain it.

I'll certainly look into him though! thanks for the opinions

JustImagine 03-08-2013 05:32 PM

I couldn't stop staring at the rider enough to look at the horse, haha. He seems like a nice horse, though, to put up with that :wink:

DraftyAiresMum 03-08-2013 05:36 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the guy riding him looks like he's afraid of getting racked in the privates by the saddle? That could be why he's bracing so badly. Even when he brought the horse down to a walk at the end of the second video, he looked like he was trying to hold himself off the saddle. I could be crazy, but that's seriously what it looked like to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Inga 03-08-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1929097)
Am I the only one who thinks the guy riding him looks like he's afraid of getting racked in the privates by the saddle?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ha Ha I hate to admit it too but that was my first thought too. I thought maybe the guy needed to get to a doctor because something was buggin him.

EquineBovine 03-08-2013 06:14 PM

The only thing bothering me was the rider >_<
Very nice horse. Maybe a bit long but still, nicely put together :o)

Cherrij 03-08-2013 06:24 PM

The horse looks very nice, well placed together, maybe abit more muscle here and there but overall a good horse.
The rider hurt my eyes and when I was watching the videos I hoped it aint just me seeing that.
Easier to judge movement in freedom or with good rider, then again, the horse seemed ok, jumped well, canters easily, a nice rythm by the looks of it, and the trot, sorry, my eyes were burning all the way through with that rider. But seemed alright..