The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Memorials (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/)
-   -   In memory of....ideas (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-memorials/memory-ideas-155842/)

bakercar 03-08-2013 08:46 PM

In memory of....ideas

My mother just lost a horse to cancer. she has had her for 25 years. It was very sudden. I am looking for things to give or make for my mom in memory of the horse. Her birthday is coming up and I would like to make her something in memory of her old girl. Please list anything I could do in her memory.Crafts are my specialty so suggestions in that area are appreciated. Thanks

RiverBelle 03-10-2013 11:25 PM

I would make a memorial video. I would use pictures and put them in the video from the time she got the horse, through the years, to before the horse passed. Like a progressive. Put in quotes or sweet words about the horse, to explain why this or that happened. Explain the relationship between your mom and her horse. Then put a nice song to it. Something sweet, but happy. Something that will make her smile, and bring a tear to her eyes, but not make her sob from sadness. If that makes sense. Then burn it on a dvd/cd so that she can keep it and watch it on her TV if she wants to. :)

I did something like that for my Grandma when her husband died. She loved it, and everyone in the family wanted copies to keep for their selves. :)

loveduffy 03-10-2013 11:37 PM

take her old shoes and make candle stick holder Or a memory box with stuff from the horse hair, shoe, pictures etc like a shadow box

Kayella 03-10-2013 11:39 PM

If you have any of her tail hair, make a bracelet or necklace out of it. Or make a keychain out of one of her halters. Something that she can always carry with her so they'll always be together. :) Or, you could take a picture of the two of them together and have it put on canvas for her to hang in the house.