The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hi from Scotland♥✿ (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hi-scotland-155887/)

HighFlyer 03-09-2013 09:30 AM

Hi from Scotland♥✿

Hey there, I'm new to Horse Forum and hope to settle in nicely here. I'm always looking for new things to work on or discover with horses so I figured I should join a Horse Forum and this one has a nice community so this one it is!

I live in Scotland and have been riding for two years in total. For my first year of riding I was messed around a little and put off. The riding school I first went to (for the first year) never taught me properly and caused me to form a lot of horrible habits. I wasted a lot of money there. Even the instructor was nasty so I ended up going on hacks every weekend to get away from him. Then I made the best decision ever and moved to a new riding school where I have been riding for a year now and it's just been a great experience. I can now walk, trot, canter and jump 2ft 6' so that's a great achievement. I hope to own a horse one day.

When I'm older I'd like to become a part time Instructor and an Equine veterinary Nurse. If I don't get the grades for the Equine Nurse, then I'm more than happy to fall back onto being an instructor! I just love trying to get my riding as good as it can be and I like the thought of being an instructor, it gives me butterflies.

I can't wait to post more on here and learn lots more... Thank you for giving me the opportunity to join. :)

SouthernTrails 03-09-2013 10:40 AM

Welcome to the Horse Forum, hope you enjoy

HighFlyer 03-09-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 1930001)

Welcome to the Horse Forum, hope you enjoy

Thank you! :smile:

Country Woman 03-09-2013 01:55 PM

Welcome HighFlyer
Nice to meet you
good luck with nursing school

jaydee 03-09-2013 01:57 PM

Welcome to the Forum
I always enjoy hearing horsey news from the UK - hint hint

OutOfTheLoop 03-09-2013 02:01 PM

Welcome! I have a friend from Scotland, pretty cool cat. Although after all these years I still can't understand what he's saying lol! Good luck with your riding!
Posted via Mobile Device

HighFlyer 03-09-2013 02:17 PM

Thanks everyone! Oh I know, us Scots have a very fast and slang accent. It's like we speak a different language altogether sometimes. :')