The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Ovation Field Boots (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/ovation-field-boots-155902/)

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 02:56 PM

Ovation Field Boots

Some people at my barn have Ovation field boots and they seem like pretty nice boots. I was looking in the Dover catalog and I found some Ovations for a nice price. They were the Ovation Flex Sport Field Boots. I really like that their slims are slim enough for me. I also really like the price.

Has anyone tried these? I know Ovation boots tend to have zipper problems, but I'm ok with that; I'll figure a way to fix them. I noticed some of the Ovation boots at the barn had hair elastics where the string/leather on the sipper pull was.

Are these good boots? I went to the tack store today and they didn't have them, but that had the Ovation Finalist boots and they felt like plastic. How are the Flex Sport ones?

Thanks!

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 04:13 PM

Add: on the Ovation website, they are $250 but on Dover.com they are $169....I'm a little suspicious but Dover is a good website/place. Is there a reason it is $100 less on there? Not complaining, just a little curious :) Make sure i'm getting the right boots!

Ashleysmardigrasgirl 03-09-2013 04:55 PM

I love my ovation naturals with a bamboo sole... They're aoooo comfy, break in very nicely, and I really like how they fit my calves very snug. It's like a second skin, almost. My zipper works really well though I can imagine if they didn't fir correctly that you might run into issues with it. Mine do not have hair elastics maybe someone replaced the OM black knotted string.

Rachel1786 03-09-2013 05:43 PM

I have a pair of Ovation Gold Circuit Pro Field Boots, I got them on clearance at horseloverz because they were being discontinued. I love them, I paid 76 for them(marked down from $250) The zipper on one blew out a few months ago(luckily I've got my winter boots) and the other one is on it's way out so I do need to get them replaced. Other then that they are fantastic boots.