The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jokes and Funnies (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/)
-   -   Random question..... (http://www.horseforum.com/jokes-funnies/random-question-155945/)

Phly 03-09-2013 10:05 PM

Random question.....
 
Do fish have heads?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ray MacDonald 03-09-2013 10:43 PM

yes lol

Phly 03-09-2013 10:45 PM

Ok. What's your reasoning behind that? I'm being fun not confrontational.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 03-09-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phly (Post 1930768)
Ok. What's your reasoning behind that? I'm being fun not confrontational.
Posted via Mobile Device

From dictionary.com

Head | Define Head at Dictionary.com

1. the upper part of the body in humans, joined to the trunk by the neck, containing the brain, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
2. the corresponding part of the body in other animals.

So, it's the part of the body containing the eyes, ears, mouth, nose, brain. That is the definition of head, and fish definitely have a part of them that matches that description - it's just not separated by a neck.

Phly 03-09-2013 10:58 PM

Where in lied my question. As random as it it. No neck, is there a head. Well that was short lived......
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 03-09-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phly (Post 1930784)
Where in lied my question. As random as it it. No neck, is there a head. Well that was short lived......
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't have to have a neck to have a head. They are two separate parts - as long as the have "a part of the body containing the eyes, nose, etc..." - then they've got a head.

Jellyfish, on the other hand... Have no heads. :)

Phly 03-09-2013 11:03 PM

Jelly fish lack many of the standard life supporting organs. Very interesting creatures. I once considered building a jelly tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 03-09-2013 11:06 PM

You could just buy one!

Desktop Jellyfish Tank :: ThinkGeek

All set up and everything. Not gonna lie.. It's tempting.

Phly 03-09-2013 11:14 PM

That's too easy! Lol. I build all my filtration systems and have a salt tank that is all natural. No filtration, it's been running 5+ yrs without any water changes or filtration. One of my hobbys that don't eat hay or gasoline.
Posted via Mobile Device

Shoebox 03-09-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phly (Post 1930794)
That's too easy! Lol. I build all my filtration systems and have a salt tank that is all natural. No filtration, it's been running 5+ yrs without any water changes or filtration. One of my hobbys that don't eat hay or gasoline.
Posted via Mobile Device

Now that I am reading the reviews, those tanks are not actually very good for jellies. Too bad, I was REALLY thinking about buying one... I wonder if I could set up a little baby saltwater tank and have a few jellies in there, Like one of those nano cubes...

Nano Cube Reef Aquarium Kits: 12 & 24 Gallon Nano Cube Aquariums


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0