The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Don't know what size to get? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/dont-know-what-size-get-155955/)

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 11:31 PM

Don't know what size to get?

I'm looking for some Ariat paddock boots, and I found some on Ebay in my size range. I found a 7.5 and an 8. I'm still growing so I'm not sure what to get. My Western boots, Rod Patricks, are a 7.5 and fit me great. With Saxon Equileathers, the 7.5s were too narrow in the toe, and the 8s were too wide.
The ebay Ariats that are the size 8 are cheaper than the 7.5. They are practically the exact same-both lace ups. Which size should I go with? I can't return them, so I don't want to screw up. Thanks!

DraftyAiresMum 03-09-2013 11:37 PM

I just bought a pair of Ariat Tombstones (western boots) and they ran true to size (meaning I wear the same size in the Tombstones as I do in my normal running shoes).

I would look on the Ariat website for the boots you're thinking of buying and see what kind of reviews they've gotten. Most of the time the people leaving the reviews will say if they run true to size or bigger or smaller.
Posted via Mobile Device

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1930823)
I just bought a pair of Ariat Tombstones (western boots) and they ran true to size (meaning I wear the same size in the Tombstones as I do in my normal running shoes).

I would look on the Ariat website for the boots you're thinking of buying and see what kind of reviews they've gotten. Most of the time the people leaving the reviews will say if they run true to size or bigger or smaller.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks! I'm thinking more of the 8s now, because even if they're big I can grow into them. Thanks!

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the 8s I'm looking at. Do they look like they have the rounded toe (which I don't want)?

DraftyAiresMum 03-09-2013 11:53 PM

It almost looks like the toe is squared. Why not contact the seller and ask? Or look them up on the Ariat website (or Google, if they're discontinued).
Posted via Mobile Device

LikeaTB 03-09-2013 11:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another picture of them:
I can't contact them right now because I have to use my mom's account (with her consent, of course) and I can't get into her account right now. The seller doesn't give the style, just the style number, which is #57201. I looked it up and it said it was the Airat Heritage II lace paddock.

LikeaTB 03-10-2013 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The soles:

DraftyAiresMum 03-10-2013 12:30 AM

Hmmm...I don't know if I'd consider those round.
Posted via Mobile Device

LikeaTB 03-10-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DraftyAiresMum (Post 1930881)
Hmmm...I don't know if I'd consider those round.
Posted via Mobile Device

When I saw the soles, I didn't think they were round but I just wanted to double check :)

DraftyAiresMum 03-10-2013 01:02 AM

I expect a round toe to be more like the FatBabies.
Posted via Mobile Device