The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Being 21 and learning my limit.... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/being-21-learning-my-limit-156023/)

Klassic Superstar 03-11-2013 12:20 AM

Being 21 and learning my limit....

Well I'm at the wonderful age of 21 and am in the throws of learning my limit and all that wonderful stuff.

After a fun night last night I later got very sick, but luckily had someone come home with me that I trust and care about help me not make too much of a mess and that i didn't get worse and kept me hydrated and stayed with me all night long till he had to go to work.

Lesson learned, drink water and eat while drinking, I did at least drink on a stomach with some food in it this time. Last time I got this sick, I was much sicker and at a friends house two years ago and it was so bad.

Any healthy tips for when hauling people do go out and drink?
Of course my mom who I live with still knew where I was and so did the guy I really like who brought me home.

So here is the list have so far:

1. Let 1-2 people know where you are going and have a back up plan for coming home.

2. Drink water and eat something while drinking.

3. Of course never drive after your first few sips of anything alcoholic.

4. When you get home from drinking or just done more water and if you can an emergency packet for anti oxidants and electrolytes.

I'm figuring out my limit and have now crossed off having any long island ice teas then two beers .... And just no more long island ice teas lol

Anyone have anything to add or good stories to learn from?

waresbear 03-11-2013 12:25 AM

I heard on that show Bar Rescue, to drink a glass of water between each alcoholic drink. I hear ya about the Long Island ice teas though, you throw up hard with those.

Klassic Superstar 03-11-2013 12:35 AM

I have had them in the past but I think I was not drinking enough water, drinking to fast, and then had two beers and that was just too much for my little 100 pound body to handle and it sure did come up!

Casey02 03-11-2013 12:36 AM

Yup drink a glass of water in between each drink, and before you go to bed drink a glass of milk.. practically hangover proof :wink:

Klassic Superstar 03-11-2013 12:39 AM

Really milk!?
Have not heard of that one!

Woke up and got out of bed around 4:30 pm and the sprite up I got is really helping.
Had some chicken and an emergency packet so far. Need to go get more food in my body again soon.

Casey02 03-11-2013 12:42 AM

Glad to hear your coming around haha

Klassic Superstar 03-11-2013 12:48 AM

Haha oh man it was so bad. This is the second time I have gotten sick, first time was way worse andiwsnot taken care of by the guy I was with at the time and actually wound up with alcohol poisoning and a few lovely ulcers ugh that was awful.

I start more job training at 6 am tomorrow so at least I got sleep today, trying to flush it all out!

jinx1990 03-11-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey02 (Post 1932125)
Yup drink a glass of water in between each drink, and before you go to bed drink a glass of milk.. practically hangover proof :wink:

Oh no no. I've found when you've been drinking dairy is the WORST. Maybe its just me, but I can't even look at cheese when I've been drinking.

I drink a ton of water when I go out and once I get home and again in the morning. Water and sleep are the only true hangover cures!! Lol. That and going for the top shelf vs the well drinks makes a difference too!
Posted via Mobile Device

alexischristina 03-11-2013 12:53 AM

Oh goodness... A couple months after my 19th (legal age here) I went out with my mom and her friends. BIG MISTAKE. People must have thought it was weird, all these 40 - 50 year old men buying a 19 year old girl drinks... they thought it would be HILARIOUS if I woke up sicker than a dog. I went to bed feeling like I was on a boat, never threw up though, woke up early in the morning and was in a far better mood than all of them :wink: no hangover at all, none of them were quite so lucky. :lol:

Add to your list 'don't do it every night' and you should be okay in the long run.

Klassic Superstar 03-11-2013 12:56 AM

Oh haha no! Not every night for sure!