The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Pictures (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/)
-   -   Combining my two favorite things since.....ever (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-pictures/combining-my-two-favorite-things-since-156033/)

Roperchick 03-11-2013 12:58 AM

Combining my two favorite things since.....ever

9 Attachment(s)
I was looking through some old pics my mom had mailed to me in basic (3 years ago (feels like forever!)) and I found some of me and my friends playing horse soccer in 2010 so I figured Id share!

(wow my sweatshirt is BRIGHT and Charlie looks....really dirty....typical lol)
Attachment 132542

left to right: Trisha, Aiessa on Shodder(RIP), Jess, Rob and finally Me on Charlie horse lining up for the start
Attachment 132543

Charlie is definitely my heart horse...he loves soccer as much as I do! hell even bring his knees/legs/hooves up to kick it and hell head butt it....luv this guy!
Attachment 132544

Red on the other hand is a derp. and he doesn't really ever pay attention.
Attachment 132545

when he does though he likes to head butt it or lick it....or bite it and throw it....
Attachment 132547

Red and my mom, and Cindi and her gelding chilling out while we reinflate the ball...that Charlie may have popped.....I am innocent in all allegations!
Attachment 132546

Aiessa and Shodder trying to sneak up to Cindi (bay on the left) while me mom and Red sorta kinda mosey up
Attachment 132548

Rory and Little Cat going for it (that kid was FEARLESS...or maybe just very very competitive)
Attachment 132549

And Aiessa and Shodder running the ball home
Attachment 132550

P.S. if any of yall also play soccer or another crazy sport on your horse feel free to share!

BornToRun 03-11-2013 01:10 AM

Haha, this looks like so much fun!

Roperchick 03-11-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornToRun (Post 1932266)
Haha, this looks like so much fun!

it is! mucho fun. its a very good substitute for when I don't have cows to chase lol...plus its really good for desensitizing hahahahah rofl

Haileyyy 03-11-2013 05:42 PM

That looks awesome! Would getting a giant horse soccer ball be a good investment? It looks like something that would be super fun to play this summer, especially if the people moving into my neighborhood ride, we would have enough people for more serious game :)

Roperchick 03-11-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haileyyy (Post 1933277)
That looks awesome! Would getting a giant horse soccer ball be a good investment? It looks like something that would be super fun to play this summer, especially if the people moving into my neighborhood ride, we would have enough people for more serious game :)

Most definitely. Its awesome fun! Even if there's nobody else to play with, I would work on commands, reining, etc with charlie with it. Or turn my kids out and they'll go play with it themselves

Its for sure a good investment.

Haileyyy 03-11-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roperchick (Post 1933580)
Most definitely. Its awesome fun! Even if there's nobody else to play with, I would work on commands, reining, etc with charlie with it. Or turn my kids out and they'll go play with it themselves

Its for sure a good investment.

We do have a yoga ball that is super tough but it is only 25", that seems too small...

What brand do you recommend? Once I have enough for a good one I think I will get it! Even alone it could be a lot of fun. I bet it is absorbable watching the horses play with a giant ball lol

Charlie is gorgeous BTW :)

HorseLovinLady 03-11-2013 10:02 PM

Great pics!!

Roperchick 03-11-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haileyyy (Post 1933666)
We do have a yoga ball that is super tough but it is only 25", that seems too small...

yeah. normal size for a horse ball is 40" I believe.

What brand do you recommend? Once I have enough for a good one I think I will get it! Even alone it could be a lot of fun. I bet it is absorbable watching the horses play with a giant ball lol

As for brand, we usually got the 40" jolly mega ball made by Horsemans pride.

you can also get them on amazon, or Stacy westfall has a 40" I believe as well.

and then theres different covers that you can get to protect them from getting popped

it is sooo cute and funny watching Red and Charlie fight over it...sometimes my mares get into it too haha

Charlie is gorgeous BTW :)

THANK YOU! haha he knows it too! which is why 99% of the time he covers himself in mud and crap

Thanks horselovinlady!

Roperchick 03-11-2013 10:52 PM

aaah double post sorry!

Tayz 03-11-2013 11:13 PM

Wow that looks soo much fun!!