The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   The Tarp Monster (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/tarp-monster-156166/)

Farmchic 03-12-2013 09:36 AM

The Tarp Monster

2 Attachment(s)
In my quest to find light weight obstacles for the arena I came across this on the internet
Attachment 132646
And I just had to try to copy it! This is what I came up with....
Attachment 132647
:lol: yeah I know ha! ha!

Never underestimate the power of properly placed eyebrows! I now am the proud owner of "Mr. Concerned Tarp Monster"

(TPBM is laughing)

Farmchic 03-13-2013 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I guess no one found my concerned tarp monster as funny as I did :D

Well, on a more serious note here's the noodle obstacle we made last week.

Attachment 132779

I hope to build a "car wash" next.

Anyone else want to show obstacles they've built?

xxdanioo 03-13-2013 02:17 PM

I want a tarp monster lol .

countrylove 03-13-2013 02:20 PM

How funny LoL I have to share this idea with my horsey friends :)
Posted via Mobile Device

NorthernMama 03-13-2013 07:23 PM

haha! I love it!!!! I want to build a noodle obstacle and put a tarp monster underneath it! That should only take me about a year to get my horse through it.

KyMoMoF3CuTiEs 03-13-2013 07:26 PM

That is awesome!! You did a great job! Great ideas too!
Posted via Mobile Device

palogal 03-13-2013 07:30 PM

::Runs out to grab her tarp and make a tarp monster::

Saddlebag 03-13-2013 07:57 PM

Heavy tarps cover the barn openings, 3 to a doorway. To escape the flies the horses had to decide which was worse, the bugs or the tarps. It took the first one about 20 seconds to decide and the other just followed. Think of ways of getting your horse to want to do something. Today I took the grain and poured half into one pan for horse B. I had a saddle blanket with me but didn't put the grain in the pan of horse A. When he first saw the blanket he rocked way back blowing a few snorts. I rattled the dish with grain to divert his attention. I then flopped the blanket on his back and poured some grain into his dish and stepped back. He was completely unconcerned about the blanket. When he was done I removed the blanket and flopped it a few more times and again left it on his back and gave him more grain. Again when he was done I removed the blanket. Then I saw his aha. He sidled a little closer inviting me to toss the blanket on and he got the last of his grain. He was not in a stall and could have left at any time as he was at liberty.

EvilHorseOfDoom 03-13-2013 08:26 PM

Aw I want to give your tarp monster a hug! He looks worried :-(

Farmchic 03-14-2013 09:48 AM

Thanks all! And yes my tarp monster is very worried, hopefully the horses won't find him quite so frightening :-)

Saddlebag- That's awesome thank you for sharing. As much as I love riding the ground work is my favorite. I just love trying to figure out how they think.