The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Cinch? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/cinch-156219/)

pateince 03-12-2013 08:05 PM

Cinch?

OMG! so today i decided to take out my horse for a little ride but ended up not bein able to! So i just got a new best ever pad and actually its pretty thick, its one of the felt ones. My old pad was really cheap and thin so my cinch tightened like a charm, but since it was cheap i wanted to get something better for my horse.. Anyway.. i got my horse all saddled and i did everything i usually do, walk her around to let the air out all that so i know thats not the reason. The cinch was tight and super snug like it wasnt goin to go anywhere, as soon as i got on it kept sliding to her side.. could this just be because my pad is new? just sayin iv only put one ride on my pad and i didnt have any issues with it before. i mean i only weigh like 120lbs so wtf?! lol please help!

BigBenLoverforLife 03-12-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pateince (Post 1935195)
OMG! so today i decided to take out my horse for a little ride but ended up not bein able to! So i just got a new best ever pad and actually its pretty thick, its one of the felt ones. My old pad was really cheap and thin so my cinch tightened like a charm, but since it was cheap i wanted to get something better for my horse.. Anyway.. i got my horse all saddled and i did everything i usually do, walk her around to let the air out all that so i know thats not the reason. The cinch was tight and super snug like it wasnt goin to go anywhere, as soon as i got on it kept sliding to her side.. could this just be because my pad is new? just sayin iv only put one ride on my pad and i didnt have any issues with it before. i mean i only weigh like 120lbs so wtf?! lol please help!

Well I use the SMX Air Rider Barrel Pad, and I have to get on from a mounting block since if I get in on from the ground my saddle will slide all the way to his side, unless it so tight I cant get a single finger in the side. So it may be the pad, I just suggest using a mounting block or getting someone to give you a leg up.

pateince 03-13-2013 09:32 AM

alright thanks! (: and do you think the more rides i have the less itll slide?

BigBenLoverforLife 03-13-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pateince (Post 1935780)
alright thanks! (: and do you think the more rides i have the less itll slide?

It is a wool pad is a possibility, have you checked your saddle fit? It may
be two wide..

BarrelRacingLvr 03-13-2013 03:14 PM

I would check saddle fit....And your pad sounds like it might be too thick.

pateince 03-13-2013 08:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 132840

Attachment 132841im goin to be really mad if its too thick lol, and the saddle was a gift and its a cheap one but im plannin on gettin a new one later on because its cheap..
the first pic isnt that good.