The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   German rider and her training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/german-rider-her-training-15623/)

Merel 10-07-2008 09:15 AM

German rider and her training

This is a German grand prix rider. She had a good reputation until last year..
A hidden camera followed her training with her horse.
Again she was caught, after she was accused and was not allowed to interact with horses for 2 years.. What a move to another country can dou for you.

This can be seen as shocking.
News, Service, Wetter, Videos - Nachrichten bei RTLaktuell.de

I would just love to grab her whip and smack her for a very long time.
I saw the other video and that was even more schocking. Wounds every where.. Including the mouth and legs.

blossom856 10-07-2008 11:33 AM

OMG, why, why, why?

She's lucky all that horse does is kick and buck. He's a saint.

kickshaw 10-07-2008 01:16 PM

she needs more than a smack with the whip...

Gingerrrrr 10-07-2008 03:37 PM

she needs to have her head tied to her chest and to crawl around on the floor so we can whip her like what she did to the horses...

Merel 10-07-2008 04:03 PM

Apparently this woman rode one of her horses to death. The horse was sick and she made him do passage and piaffe for hours.

She goes to court in November. I hope the process will speed up (Who knows what she will do to her horses in that time) because the Danish animal protection reacted furious.
A source told me that all the horses in the stables are scared to death from that woman (Who wouldn't) But what I find even more disturbing is the man who is near them isn't doing anything to stop her. Nor the people at the side who even ask her why she mistreats her horses. I would run over to her and show no mercy.

Kiki 10-09-2008 02:13 AM

The mongrel!!! What the hell did she think she was going to acheive??:evil::evil:

My2Geldings 10-09-2008 02:48 AM

Poor animal. People like are mentally very unstable to have so much anger and frustration towards an animal like that. I would be very concerned with the safety and well being of other human beings around her. She is very fortunate to have gotten only that type of punishment for her actions.

Merel 10-09-2008 03:34 PM

Small improvement.
4 horses the woman had in training were picked up by their owners!

Zab 10-10-2008 02:49 PM

Rollkur is quite normal with the top riders nowadays, and behind closed doors; that kind of training is too.

It works for the competition; the horse learns that no matter how unbalanced he is, he keeps his head right in the frame. They're asking it to dance with a police grip, practically. That's why it's rarely seen any good selfcarriage in the dressage shows at high levels anymore. The whipping makes him lift his hindlegs..but not carrying with them. And the treatment overall just tell him to do whatever he's told - or it will hurt more.
But it works. Aky who won the olympics this year rides in rollkur as well, and I've seen pictures (old, but still) or her training horses similiar to this.

And these are supposed to be our role models?
(a big reason I refuse to ride dressage - if people can't see that for what it is, they have too little knowledge to teach me.)

Merel 10-10-2008 04:49 PM

Rollkur doesn't damage anything unless you use it the right way. Anky tells people not to use Rollkur without someone experienced. Also I don't see her using the whip where it's gets to the point when it's unacceptable. Her horses look good and I think she really loves them. Though I absolutely not agree on her methode, but it an only improve a horse when it's used in the proper way. And most of the time it's not.