The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Comfort plus bareback pad reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/comfort-plus-bareback-pad-reviews-156243/)

myhorseMia 03-13-2013 12:52 AM

Comfort plus bareback pad reviews

So i just ordered this bareback pad: Comfort Plus Bareback Horse Riding Pad | Horse Tack Company bareback padsEquestrian International

It's the comfort plus bareback pad. Does anyone own this pad? Does anyone have experience with it? I am curious to see if it is worth the money i paid for it. It seems like a good buy, but it hasnt arrived yet.:? I just want to make sure i didn't get a bad purchase. :oops: Thanks guys!:-)

Casey02 03-13-2013 04:19 PM

I have the pad, I haven't got to use it much just yet though! Let me tell you the one in the pictures looks purple, it is navy blue. Just incase you thought you were getting a purple one. I will be using it when it warms up a bit, I have sat on it and let me tell you it is comfy! Over all it seems like a nice quality pad, wen you actually get your hands on it. There is a girl here (COWCHICK77) that im sure would be willing to answer any questions. She helped me when I wanted to buy one because she had it and had actually used hers

myhorseMia 03-13-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey02 (Post 1936232)
I have the pad, I haven't got to use it much just yet though! Let me tell you the one in the pictures looks purple, it is navy blue. Just incase you thought you were getting a purple one. I will be using it when it warms up a bit, I have sat on it and let me tell you it is comfy! Over all it seems like a nice quality pad, wen you actually get your hands on it. There is a girl here (COWCHICK77) that im sure would be willing to answer any questions. She helped me when I wanted to buy one because she had it and had actually used hers

Thank you! And I ordered the black one :) I have been looking for a comfortable pad for a while, it arrives on Monday! I'm excited :-) thanks for the information!
Posted via Mobile Device

Casey02 03-13-2013 07:46 PM

No problem! I hope you enjoy it, I cant wait to use mine as well, to icy here now
:(

Saddlebag 03-13-2013 10:05 PM

The pic makes the pad appear to contour to the horse's back. Please let us know if it does or not.

aliliz 03-13-2013 10:15 PM

I used to have this pad! It's a great bareback pad- much better than the original Best Friend bareback pad. It's very comfortable and the plush on top is more grippy than you'd expect. It fit nicely on my extremely swaybacked mare, which was one of the issues that the original pad had. My only complaints about it were that the girth can be a little pinchy if you aren't careful, especially in winter. I accidentally pulled my girl's hair a couple times. Also, the plush seat can hold in a lot of heat during long rides. I definitely got sweaty after long trail rides in this pad.

I upgraded to the Comfort plus pad with thinline because I wanted more padding for my old mare's back. However, this pad was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone! I hope you enjoy it!

myhorseMia 03-14-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casey02 (Post 1936546)
No problem! I hope you enjoy it, I cant wait to use mine as well, to icy here now
:(

Thank you! And aw. I hope the ice goes away soon for you! I'd love to know how you like it! Good luck :)

myhorseMia 03-14-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliliz (Post 1936809)
I used to have this pad! It's a great bareback pad- much better than the original Best Friend bareback pad. It's very comfortable and the plush on top is more grippy than you'd expect. It fit nicely on my extremely swaybacked mare, which was one of the issues that the original pad had. My only complaints about it were that the girth can be a little pinchy if you aren't careful, especially in winter. I accidentally pulled my girl's hair a couple times. Also, the plush seat can hold in a lot of heat during long rides. I definitely got sweaty after long trail rides in this pad.

I upgraded to the Comfort plus pad with thinline because I wanted more padding for my old mare's back. However, this pad was excellent and I would recommend it to anyone! I hope you enjoy it!

Thank you so much for the detailed information! I was looking into something more comfortable for my horse mostly, but also for myself. And thank you for the warning! I will definitely be careful with the girth. And i don't plan on riding in it for trails or long periods of time. Mainly for rides around the property or light riding in the arena. Again, thanks for all the info! Very, very helpful :-)

myhorseMia 03-14-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 1936783)
The pic makes the pad appear to contour to the horse's back. Please let us know if it does or not.

I will indeed! I will probably use it on March 19 since i am moving my mare on March 17 and i would like to give her a couple days to settle in before i take her out and ride in anything new. So i will post my thoughts on it the day i use it! :-)

Casey02 03-14-2013 10:07 PM

^ thank you, I do too!