The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Washington State! (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-washington-state-156277/)

cowgirlnay 03-13-2013 03:23 PM

Hello from Washington State!

4 Attachment(s)
I've been a part of the forum for a while now, but have never actually seen the "meet the community" section! So, a little about myself:

I was blessed to grow up surrounded by horses. My grandpa is an avid horseman, and passed his passion on to me. He bred quarter horses while I was growing up, and those horses really kick started my "horse-craziness." I grew up mostly trail riding and attending a few horsemanship clinics. While in college, a worked at two different horseback trail ride operations for the summer as a wrangler- one in Lake Tahoe and one up on White Pass in Washington.

I am now back in Yakima after graduating from WSU with a bachelors in Animal Science. Unfortunately, I have yet to find my "dream job" in the equine industry, so am instead working at my family's trucking company. It's a stable, flexible job that pays the bills, so it works for now. I also got introduced to cutting a couple years ago - my grandpa bought a 2 year old cutting bred filly and got her started in cutting training, so I decided to start taking lessons as well just to try something different. I was HOOKED. I have since purchased my own cutting horse, and we show in mostly local club shows, along with a few NCHA shows, and work with a trainer year round. It is so much fun, and I'm having a blast!

That's about all I can think of, feel free to ask questions! Oh, and here's a few pics, cuz everyone loves pictures....
Attachment 132780

Attachment 132781

Attachment 132782

Attachment 132783

Sweeney Road 03-13-2013 04:32 PM

You are an all around rider! Both western and english, and in Moxee, to boot LOL. Are you at the Horseman's Park in the one photo?

Cacowgirl 03-13-2013 05:49 PM

Welcome to the forum! Great pictures. You have had lots of great horse experiences. Wasn't Lake Tahoe lovely? I grew up in Sacramento & LT was a great place to go to cool off in the summer.

cowgirlnay 03-13-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweeney Road (Post 1936254)
You are an all around rider! Both western and english, and in Moxee, to boot LOL. Are you at the Horseman's Park in the one photo?

haha! Gotta love Moxee ;) I actually would not call myself an english rider - that is Albert - I exercised him for a lady for a couple of years, and ended up just using her english tack. I have never had any lessons english, so it was kind of interesting getting used to it! It was kind of fun to switch it up for a little bit though :) And the picture where I am on him is at the boarding stable where he is at. If you are referring to the "mountain" picture, that is actually up on White Pass at the stable I worked at for the summer. The owner still lets us go up there and use the trails heading out of their camp!

cowgirlnay 03-13-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacowgirl (Post 1936366)
Welcome to the forum! Great pictures. You have had lots of great horse experiences. Wasn't Lake Tahoe lovely? I grew up in Sacramento & LT was a great place to go to cool off in the summer.

I LOVED Tahoe - I would go back there in a heartbeat!!

horsecrazygirl 03-13-2013 06:56 PM

Hi! I'm in WA too!

HorseLovinLady 03-13-2013 11:43 PM

Welcome, beautiful horses!!

Gamergirl2249 03-14-2013 11:38 PM

Hey i am from the moody state of Washington too!!! :) Your pics are fantastic!