The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Really Frustrated... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/really-frustrated-15628/)

Moxie 10-07-2008 10:11 AM

Really Frustrated...

It's raining here this morning, so I text my instructor to see if we were still riding this afternoon.

She text me back to say that YES we can ride, and that Junior is out on a test, so I'll be riding Fritz, and also Fritz will be sold this weekend.

I'm frustrated and worried. Frustrated because no one really knew when Fritz was going to go, and it's been no/yes/no/yes/no/yes for so long now, but now I guess it's going to happen. I'm fine with his sale because I no longer adore him as much as I used to. I am prepared to admit that he's too much horse for me, and congrats to the little girl who bought him.

I'm worried because once Junior is gone, who am I going to ride after that? I believe that riding different horses is good for a newer rider, but I feel that I am confident on Junior, so I should stick with him until I possibly grow WITH him, or out grow him (which I highly doubt that'll happen).

So, lets say that both Fritz and Junior are gone, then who will I ride? I'm sure I can find another horse at the barn I'm at, but lets say I cant. Then what? I'd have to find another barn, right? Nope. The rest of the barn's in my area, and I'm not joking here.... Ride English, and are geared toward eventing. Granted that was my main goal coming into horseback riding at the beginning of the summer, my mind has changed, and I very much LIKE western. Of course there are those surprise barns that don't advertise at all, which we have a few around here also.

I'm just sad/frustrated/worried/and sick. I plan on going on my ride today despite the massive cold that I have. I'm going to ride Fritz, and not take any of his crap, and I guess next week, when I am there for my 'extra riding time' (my instructor gave me extra riding time instead of leasing Junior), we'll see what happens.

Vidaloco 10-07-2008 10:52 AM

Sounds like your having a rough day. Take a deep breath and know that what happens happens for a reason. If both horses are sold, I'm sure your instructor has others that you will learn from. I'm a great believer in the saying "when the student is ready the teacher appears" I had to go through OWNING 3 horses. Each one taught me something so I would be ready for the next. You have the luxury of a barn full of horses to draw from. You will be ok

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-07-2008 10:55 AM

Ya know Moxie, I understand your frustration. BUT.....You are getting a crash course in horsies. ;) You loved Fritz, then you loved Junior, Next you'll love Bandit, then Sally (who will change your mind about mares reguardless of your opinion now :P) then You'll ride Sparky who will make you fall in love with geldings again....hahaha... It's just kinda how it goes! Don't get discouraged. Be a sponge and absorb everything each and every horse has to teach you. When the time is right you'll know and you'll purchase the "one" and then that may fall apart too then there will be.......SAMPSON....and he's gonna be the dream horse then sampson will step in a hole and become lame so you keep him because he's your love and you buy.... Gary.....lmao... see what I mean. I don't want to sound like the horses don't matter but just about everyone of us have had more than 1 horsey love of our lives. Take it all instride and love every minute of it! ;)

kickshaw 10-07-2008 10:55 AM

It stinks right now - - but it will work out - - it WILL!

3neighs 10-07-2008 11:02 AM

LMAO Dumas! Well said!

There's also plan B, Moxie - convince your husband to let you buy Junior. :)

Moxie 10-07-2008 11:06 AM

LOL Thanks guys, you always have a way of putting things into perspective for me. I think it's time for a darn nap actually, then I'll be fresh for my ride today.

If I thought my husband's mind could be changed, I would have pulled every trick in the book. But of course, I dont want him to resent me.. Soooo I have to abide by his wishes. However unfair, and unreasonable they may be. lol

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-07-2008 11:24 AM

LOL.. You got it now! Don't push the hubby... He'll know when it's time to give in/up and give the go ahead on the horse to buy. I am so not a member of the man-hater's club! LOL

As big of a jerk as hubbies can sometimes be I think that guys just KNOW when you are really serious about what you want. Sometimes you thought you were serious and later you realize it was for the best that it didn't happen....but when it's right they just somehow know......LMAO... I don't even know if that all made sense. Maybe I'm just haveing good thoughts because my hubby offered me my choice of new fridge or washer/dryer....lol...He's a good egg and I think your Hubby is too Bobby! :) Enjoy your nap and lesson!

Moxie 10-07-2008 11:38 AM

Well I just got done eating a gnarlly cinnamon roll, so I am set for a nap. I canceled my riding lesson for today, I'm just not going to be able to make it. :(

I know that things will work out, I just needed to vent. I would really like to buy Junior, but you guys are all right, there might be another horse at the barn that is better suited for me, and I just haven't ridden him/her yet.

My2Geldings 10-07-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl (Post 162479)
Ya know Moxie, I understand your frustration. BUT.....You are getting a crash course in horsies. ;) You loved Fritz, then you loved Junior, Next you'll love Bandit, then Sally (who will change your mind about mares reguardless of your opinion now :P) then You'll ride Sparky who will make you fall in love with geldings again....hahaha... It's just kinda how it goes! Don't get discouraged. Be a sponge and absorb everything each and every horse has to teach you. When the time is right you'll know and you'll purchase the "one" and then that may fall apart too then there will be.......SAMPSON....and he's gonna be the dream horse then sampson will step in a hole and become lame so you keep him because he's your love and you buy.... Gary.....lmao... see what I mean. I don't want to sound like the horses don't matter but just about everyone of us have had more than 1 horsey love of our lives. Take it all instride and love every minute of it! ;)

I couldn't agree more. I can share my set of experiences of ups and downs. Everything happens for a reason and you just wait, the next horse is just around the corner and you'll be up and going and learning new things once again. It's a never ending story regardless of your riding level, horse experience etc etc...might be a good time to hit some books, read up and learn as much as you can about horse health, care and ownership. You never know where that will lead you ;)

Keep your chin up, you can do it. We're all vouching for you :D*Hugs*