The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   Quarter Horse Pedigree Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/quarter-horse-pedigree-critique-156298/)

westernsparkle 03-13-2013 05:39 PM

Quarter Horse Pedigree Critique

Here is a link to her pedigree. What do you think?
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/index.php?query_type=horse&h=TENINA+DIAMONDNIC&g=5 &cellpadding=0&small_font=1&l=
Posted via Mobile Device

westernsparkle 03-16-2013 10:50 PM

Anybody?
Posted via Mobile Device

brookeabee123 03-18-2013 10:07 PM

I wish I could help you out! The only one I see that stands out to me is Doc Bar! But I'm just now learning more about QH pedigrees. What plans do you have for her?
Posted via Mobile Device

soenjer55 03-18-2013 10:21 PM

I can't give you any good information, but I recognize a lot of the names in there, which is saying something, haha. Leo, Leo San, King, Doc Bar, Mr. San Peppy, Blondys Dude... Overall, she seems to have a lot of foundation lines, which I like.

Blue Smoke 03-18-2013 10:47 PM

I really like this horses pedigree. Going off just that I would guess working cow, cutting, ranch work would be her thing.

Her sires website Royal Diamondnic The South Farm

Sires sire:
Reminic
1978 AQHA bay stallion
NCHA $92,650
NRHA Hall of Fame
NRHA Million Dollar Sire
NRCHA Hall of Fame
DECEASED

Sires Dam is a full sister to Diamonds Sparkle, AQHA Superhorse and Dam of Shining Spark.

Dams sire:
TENINO SAN- LTE $ 144,657, ROM 33 cutting pts. 1980 Derby CH. 1982 World Ch & World Ch Stallion, COA Bronze, Silver, HALL OF FAME SMART AND TROUBLE- Leading Sire of cutting horses. Own son of Mr. San Peppy out of a daughter of Doc Bar.

Dams dam is a king bred mare, King can stand on his own merits, cutting, ranch, roping, cow horse, reining, he pretty much has had an influence in nearly all quarter horses. Sire of Poco Bueno, King Command is a full brother to Power Command, who sired King Fritz, AQHA hall of fame, and that is a bloodline that makes well known ranch and working horses. That being said, this mare has Poco or King on both sides, so if you plan on breeding her ever, it would be wise to get her tested for HERDA, as HERDA has been linked to both Poco Bueno and his sire King.

Now its time for pictures :D

toto 03-18-2013 11:13 PM

Reminic was an amazing horse!!

Color
: b

AQHA 1408627

Performance: Earner of $92,6500 NCHA Open Futurity, 5th Place Producer of NRHA and NRCHA Futurity Champions! as well as: $ 658,768.98 in the National Cutting Horse Association $ 1 Million plus in the National Reining Horse Association $ 652,633.99 in the National Reined Cow Horse Association $ 52,113.88 at the AQHA World Championship Show 5 AQHA Open World Champions 4 AQHA Amateur World Champions AQHA Open Reserve World Champion AQHA Amateur Reserve World Champion AQHA Open High Point Winner 9 AQHA Open Superior Performance Awards 3 AQHA Amateur Superior Performance Awards 2 AQHA Open Show All Around Winners AQHA Amateur Show All Around Winner 2 AQHA Open Reserve All Around Winners AQHA Youth Reserve All Around Winner 40 AQHA Open ROMs 23 AQHA Amateur ROMs 5 AQHA Youth ROMs 1,885 AQHA Open Performance Points 748.5 AQHA Amateur Performance Points 116.5 AQHA Youth Performance Points 5.5 AQHA Open Halter Points

Fillinic was an amazing Reining/cow horse producer.. Won't be another mare like her ever again! (reminic's momma)

Color: ch

AQHA ID# 0116707
Owned by Ward River Ranch
Ridden to NRCHA Hall of Fame by Greg Ward
Producer of NRCHA Champions and earners of $130,834.43 in NCHA including Reminic and Wininic.

Looks like your horse is Reining/Cutting .. Very nice with the Reminic.. My all Time FAVORITE!! lol

DrumRunner 03-18-2013 11:50 PM

She has pretty nice lines.. I'm a big Reminic fan, my mare is also a Reminic bred horse but she has running lines as well. Your horse is definitely bred to be a cow/reining horse. I'd love to see pictures.

brookeabee123 03-19-2013 12:43 AM

I'm very curious to see what your mare looks like! She has very similar bloodlines to my gelding and he looks very much like a true foundation QH! Gotta love those ranch horses!
Posted via Mobile Device

westernsparkle 03-19-2013 07:43 AM

I'll post pictures as soon as I can. She really is an amazing mare. She's super sweet and really intelligent. The vet is coming out for vaccinations soon, so I'll definitely see about getting her HERDA tested.
Posted via Mobile Device