The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   This makes me SO angry!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/makes-me-so-angry-156325/)

LikeaTB 03-13-2013 08:46 PM

This makes me SO angry!!

1 Attachment(s)
Next to my school, there are some horses; I feel bad for them :( My school is right in the middle of the ghetto, and in the middle of the city isn't a good place for horses (not here anyway). There are 3 or 4 horses there. This is the "pasture". Full of junk and crap, and hardly even an acre. You can see the "barn" in the right. Now, I don't have anything against people who keep horses at their home and have open-front style type barns. I know everyone doesn't have fancy, neat barns. But this is more of a 5 minute thrown together pile of junk that would fall apart if you looked at it wrong. It looks worse in person.

LikeaTB 03-13-2013 08:46 PM

Edit: sorry about the pic-I got it from Google maps and put it on paint to crop out some stuff

LikeaTB 03-13-2013 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got another pic from Google earth above view. There is bit more land than it looked like in street view, but a lot of it is full of junk.

autumnheart 03-13-2013 10:22 PM

Do you know who owns the place?

LikeaTB 03-13-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumnheart (Post 1936938)
Do you know who owns the place?

Nope. Its next to our school, all I know is the location. I've never seen it from the front side, just parts of it thorough the barrier of trees between in an our school. I always assumed someone lived there, I'm not sure if they do or not.

AmazinCaucasian 03-13-2013 11:30 PM

You're looking up strangers property and putting google pics of it on here? Weird

COWCHICK77 03-13-2013 11:39 PM

Looks a lot better than standing in two foot of their own manure in a 10 X 10 stall. If they are in good condition and taken care of, who cares?
Horses that are raised outside in different conditions learn to handle themselves well. Much like turning young horses out on a mountain to get sure footed. And if you have ever taken a stall raised horse to the desert, they spend more time trying to figure out how to jump sage brush then running through it like desert raised horses.
Horses are a product of their upbringing..they are probably fairly tough or at least know enough not to step into a rusted pickup bed.

autumnheart 03-13-2013 11:44 PM

I am not leaning any which way, or saying that the property these horses are on or care these horses are receiving is good or bad, but I think it's OK to be concerned for another horse's well-being, even if your concerns happen to be wrong. And the pictures were already up on Google, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting them here, just so the viewers of the thread could get a better idea of what she is talking about.

AmazinCaucasian 03-13-2013 11:51 PM

That's it...I'm putting up a privacy fence tomorrow. And a roof over my whole place, anybody know where I can find some used 915 foot trusses?

COWCHICK77 03-13-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by autumnheart (Post 1937099)
I am not leaning any which way, or saying that the property these horses are on or care these horses are receiving is good or bad, but I think it's OK to be concerned for another horse's well-being, even if your concerns happen to be wrong. And the pictures were already up on Google, I don't think there's anything wrong with posting them here, just so the viewers of the thread could get a better idea of what she is talking about.

I think if the horses are truly neglected(which the OP DID NOT claim) then it would be a legitimate reason to be angered by the living conditions. But if the horses are in good condition and basic needs tended to, then there is no reason to post and get people fired up.

Frankly, no wonder why Animal Control doesnt respond to every call made to them. In my opinion, there are way too many people thinking that horses are "neglected" when simply the living conditions are just not up to their standards, not TRUE neglect.

Again, I am not claiming that the OP is screaming abuse, but sometimes these are threads that that start the wildfire...