The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   Horse competitions in Utah (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/horse-competitions-utah-156421/)

Jalter 03-14-2013 09:23 PM

Horse competitions in Utah

Soon I will be moving to Salt Lake City, Utah. I was wondering what local competitions the have, as in less than 50 miles from Salt Lake.

I plan on getting some lessons first, and Vista Horse Farms seems perfect for that. Any other suggestions for leasons?

I am interested in Dresage, hunter jumpi.g, and show jumping. Also, what local competitions are there for miniatures (halter classes, jumping, etc)

Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoveMyDrummerBoy 03-14-2013 09:31 PM

Hey! Welcome to Utah!

I compete Dressage avidly all summer. The best place to start is to join the Utah Dressage Society, then you will be up to date on upcoming shows and other events.

I love my trainer dearly, and she is a really incredible trainer and rider. She owns Draper Dale Riding School. PM me if you want to know more.

If you want jumping lessons, there is a place in Sandy called Lynnleigh Farms. They are the most known for jumping in the valley, and their riders do pretty well competitively.

To be honest, I haven't heard very many good things about Vista, but have had no personal experiences so I cannot say for sure.

I have no idea about other competitions, sorry.

Best of luck!

Jalter 03-14-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveMyDrummerBoy (Post 1938347)
Hey! Welcome to Utah!

I compete Dressage avidly all summer. The best place to start is to join the Utah Dressage Society, then you will be up to date on upcoming shows and other events.

I love my trainer dearly, and she is a really incredible trainer and rider. She owns Draper Dale Riding School. PM me if you want to know more.

If you want jumping lessons, there is a place in Sandy called Lynnleigh Farms. They are the most known for jumping in the valley, and their riders do pretty well competitively.

To be honest, I haven't heard very many good things about Vista, but have had no personal experiences so I cannot say for sure.

I have no idea about other competitions, sorry.

Best of luck!

Thank you :)
Posted via Mobile Device