The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   What has your horse trained you to do? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/what-has-your-horse-trained-you-156454/)

Saddlebag 03-15-2013 09:34 AM

What has your horse trained you to do?

Do you run at feeding time to keep him from breaking something? This is a fun thread to get us to laugh at ourselves.

palogal 03-15-2013 10:12 AM

My gelding will pick up a brush and drop it on my feet if there's one within is reach. His way of saying "Brush me". He has also trained me to give him the biggest pasture to himself, feed him first, groom him first, ride him first....he's just a tad spoiled.

cowgirl4753 03-15-2013 10:23 AM

My gelding has taught me that I should always remember to close the barnyard gate, especially if I'm not going to be home at his dinner time! He finds the most intersting ways to break out of his pen and will go gallivanting! But I love him
Posted via Mobile Device

Kayella 03-15-2013 10:23 AM

Henny's trained me with cues LOL. I know I'm brushing the right spot when he's yawning or lipping the air. I know he appreciates his sheath being cleaned when he bites the wall. :lol: He's also taught me he is the sweetest little man and will do anything to please me. :)

GamingGrrl 03-15-2013 10:27 AM

He's taught me how to tie more knots than a boy scout, he can untie just about all of them though! :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

gypsygirl 03-15-2013 10:32 AM

gypsy has taught be to be humble. to always ask nicely, to feed her a treat that the end of our ride, and to hold on tight.

QH Lover 03-15-2013 10:35 AM

My Fancy has taught me to be very careful when I'm taking her halter off because when it's not on her she runs away to eat the remnants of hay left in the aisle lol

AnalisaParalyzer 03-15-2013 10:59 AM

Annie has taught me to keep my knees loose when we stop after a pattern. her hop-stops+ stiff legs= BIG KNEE BRUISES.

Iseul 03-15-2013 11:05 AM

Alahna has already trained me to pop a treat in her mouth when she pricks her ears and "grooms" my arm/leg/stomach with her top lip, lol. She's so gentle that I can't bring myself to push her away, because she's careful not to bite or nip. She's got her teeth around my arm (barely touching), opened her mouth back up and licked my arm to "make it better", lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

palogal 03-15-2013 12:06 PM

In all seriousness...my gelding (the same one mentioned above) has taught me everything I know about training. He was a rescue of sorts and had more issues than readers digest. He taught me about being fair and patient but also firm and confident. He has given me more than I could ever give him and I am forever in his debt.