The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   What do you see? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/what-do-you-see-156466/)

BarrelracingArabian 03-15-2013 01:58 PM

What do you see?

4 Attachment(s)
Ok so this is chrome. He is around 4, breed guessed to be quarter horse cross with possibly morgan? He is about 14.2-3 and I have had him a month. He is planned to be a barrel (if he turns out to enjoy it) and trail( which he loves and would make an awesome all day trail guy). He is a gelding. So what do you guys see I am not very good with confo and to be honest if his confo and personality don't mix with barrels thats fine I will continue to work with him for awhile longer and then find him a home he will enjoy. I did have a picture from behind I'll have to go searching for it...

tinyliny 03-15-2013 02:33 PM

I see a dandy little horse! Has a nice short back, good hip size and angle for his overall size, upright, short pasterns, upright shoulder , solid coupling, good gaskins. Can't really see his neck or head.

front canons are nice and short, though seem kind of light of bone.

I think he's adorable!

BarrelracingArabian 03-15-2013 02:40 PM

Aw thanks tiny :]. He is kind of light in bone but then again I ride the grey behind him who is a thick boy haha. Good to here he is put together nicely. I was worried for a bit. Ill try to see if I have a picture that shows his other side so you can see his head/neck a bit better.

DraftyAiresMum 03-15-2013 02:43 PM

First thing that caught my attention is that he appears to be sickle hocked and, from what I can see in the pic from the front, unless he's standing wonky, he's knock-kneed.

Cute guy and looks like a good, useable horse.
Posted via Mobile Device

BarrelracingArabian 03-15-2013 02:45 PM

2 Attachment(s)
not greaat but these show his other side. He does have a fairly thick little neck on him to me anyways haha. I think on the straight on one he was trying to walk into me Ill see if I can get another one next time I am out.And I probably shouldn't have posted that first picture its not the greatest he was wanting to walk towards me and standing funny. I don't see the sickled hocks so much but could just be my untrained eye.

nickers103 03-15-2013 03:00 PM

My, my, my. He sure is a pretty little thing

BarrelracingArabian 03-15-2013 03:09 PM

Thank you nickers103 he is quite the little personality likes to touch everything and will put his muzzle on my chest while i scratch his forhead and just sit there.

tinyliny 03-15-2013 03:17 PM

I disagree. He is neither knock kneed nor sickle hocked. IMO.
ask Elana, she knows her stuff.

Cacowgirl 03-15-2013 03:18 PM

He is a fine looking little horse, and the pretty color doesn't hurt. Sounds like he has a nice temperment, too. Like his name, also.If you don't keep him-I hope he gets a wonderful home.

BarrelracingArabian 03-15-2013 03:26 PM

I hope she sees this shes always so good at explaining stuff haha.

cacowgirl- He does, he does have a habit of setting back and running backwards but it is very evident that it is due to him being so worried about that ear that was messed up. We don't know how long he had it but I am slowly working to get him to trust me with it he has zero bridleing problems and I can touch all over his ears so its just a mental thing and getting him to trust us not to hurt his ears. I will be picky with him.