The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Need Help Convincing My Parents! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/need-help-convincing-my-parents-156491/)

horsefan3000 03-15-2013 06:29 PM

Need Help Convincing My Parents!

I need help in order to convince my parents to move to a nice country
home with a bit of land

If you have ANY advice please post it.

Also, if you know of any nice property, post a link to it

requirements for a new house:

1. not on a busy road
2. at least 1500 square footage
3. less then $415,000
4. 33 min or less from my lil sis's school: Portland, OR 97202
5. not a manufactured home
6. 3+ bedrooms
7. 1 acre+

Thanks so much for your help!:-)

alexischristina 03-16-2013 12:09 AM

How old are you, OP? If your parents don't want to move, I doubt there's anything we can say that can convince them to move. Do you know your finances in detail? Is your family planning on moving? Why do you want to move to a 'country home'. To keep horses? If so 1 acre probably wouldn't be enough...

loveduffy 03-16-2013 12:17 AM

You think what we say will get your parents to move WOW I would ask every body to send me money to buy a bigger house Be happy that your parents are leting you take lesson own a horse and property will come later in life

Delfina 03-16-2013 12:40 AM

"Hi Mom, we won the lottery!"

Other than that... I'd suggest being grateful you HAVE a place to live!

AlexS 03-16-2013 03:18 AM

Oh my, my parents would have beat me for trying to make their decision for them.

What you didn't factor in, was where do your parents work? How far would be their commute?
Honestly you didn't give any consideration other than meeting your own needs and that of your sisters (which is good).

It was like 25 years ago since I was your age, but if I had said that to my parents, my rear end would be bright red.

When you are an adult, you can make your own decisions about where to live. Until then, you should be thankfully for what you have. Once you can get your own place, you suddenly realize how expensive everything is, and how hard you have to work for that.

Good luck with your quest.

gunslinger 03-16-2013 06:08 AM

Oh come on now, doesn't everyone let there kids run their households?

I mean, if this were my kid I'd be forced to buy exactly what SHE wanted.

What an under privileged childhood your having you poor dear. Where is the social justice in this?

Roadyy 03-16-2013 02:07 PM

Go to your room..You are grounded til you come out full of appreciation for what is provided for you above and beyond the requirements of life.

VelvetsAB 03-16-2013 02:50 PM

Why do YOU want to move out of town and into the country? Why do you think your parents would want to do this?

Really, housing you and your sister is their decision, so where and what you live in is not really any of your business (unless you lived in a cardboard box).

And why not a manufactured home? Some of those houses are beautiful!

busysmurf 03-16-2013 03:02 PM

He**, I'm 32, an only child, and do 50% of the chores(parents also have a horse, & they have a boarder), and I'm having a hard time convincing my dad to let me bring home another, even though we have the room!!

And you want to convince your parents to pay a mortgage just for your hobby??? I thought I was spoiled!!!

I seriously hope you were joking
Posted via Mobile Device

Maple 03-16-2013 03:51 PM

Lets not be too hard on the OP... I'm sure most of us horsey kids who were stuck in the city would have liked to move to the country... I know I would have. The difference is that when us adults were kids, we didn't have internet forums to talk about plotting ways to get out there :)

OP - Until you grow up, get a job, and a mortgage of your own, you are out of luck. You will live where your parents live, and have no choice in the matter.