The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Preparing For Show Season with Annie (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/preparing-show-season-annie-156510/)

Horses4Healing 03-15-2013 10:47 PM

Preparing For Show Season with Annie

This is me and this season's show mount Annie preparing for show season. I am just getting back from having a month and a half off from riding so I know I need a little more work. Annie is almost ready, but she's always been the kind of horse you could just up and take to a show with little preparation. We are planning on going to a local schooling show on April 7th and we will be doing mostly over fences classes and a few flat w/t/c classes. I am open to critique to anyone who wants to give it. Otherwise, enjoy.

Preparing for Show Season with Annie - YouTube

tinyliny 03-15-2013 10:56 PM

your horse is simply gorgeous! and the red looks so nice.

I am not a jumper, but I can see that you are pinching with your knee, and it's very locked, keeping your weight from going down into our ankles. This makes for a pivot point under the knee; makes you go up and come down a bit hard on her back and makes you vulnerable to going over her head if she were to suddenly prop.

Horses4Healing 03-16-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinyliny (Post 1939874)
your horse is simply gorgeous! and the red looks so nice.

I am not a jumper, but I can see that you are pinching with your knee, and it's very locked, keeping your weight from going down into our ankles. This makes for a pivot point under the knee; makes you go up and come down a bit hard on her back and makes you vulnerable to going over her head if she were to suddenly prop.

Thanks. I am working on my leg. It is doing better compared to what it used to be (which is sad really) But needless to say, I still need work. Thanks for the feedback.