The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Please critique 4 year old APHA gelding potential lease (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/please-critique-4-year-old-apha-156616/)

shermanismybaby3006 03-16-2013 11:30 PM

Please critique 4 year old APHA gelding potential lease

4 Attachment(s)
I am looking for a horse to lease and I came across this guy. He is a 4 year old APHA gelding.

I am wanting to do a lease with an option to buy. I would be doing maybe some open shows with him in western pleasure and trail riding.

Here is a link to his ad for his bloodlines.
View Ad - DreamHorse.com - Dream Horse Classifieds

And these are the pictures she sent me.

Tryst 03-17-2013 12:03 AM

The ad link didn't work for me. I think he looks cute, but he doesn't look like a western pleasure horse to me. His neck set is quite high and his movement does not look like a WP horse from that one photo. I think he looks more like an English horse, though do not claim to be an expert on such matters.

Misty'sGirl 03-17-2013 10:32 PM

He seems to have a very short back and looks a little odd.. but I've got no experience with Western type horses!

New_image 03-17-2013 11:32 PM

I agree - Link does not work.
I like his chunky little Quarter Horse build.
To me his conformation is nothing that wows me. He looks fully capable of having a job but IMO he isn't "stellar".

His neck is a little short, I like his head though it might be a little large. He is pretty down hill/butt high, sickle hocked/cow hocked, his legs look a little thin to me. Steep croup/low tail set, back is on the short side which is good, neck set is high and clean, throat latch is a little chunky and un-flexible looking....

GotaDunQH 03-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tryst (Post 1941203)
The ad link didn't work for me. I think he looks cute, but he doesn't look like a western pleasure horse to me. His neck set is quite high and his movement does not look like a WP horse from that one photo. I think he looks more like an English horse, though do not claim to be an expert on such matters.

Agree....he's not built for WP especially up front, WAY to straight shouldered, short neck with a high tie in.