The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   U.S. --Apparel for the kids (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/u-s-apparel-kids-156618/)

backyardhorse 03-16-2013 10:49 PM

U.S. --Apparel for the kids

3 Attachment(s)
Have your kids outgrown last year's stuff? Maybe something here can help you out without busting the budget! Everything listed is "show worthy"--no stains, rips, or significant wear.

1) Kid's Ariat Sport breeches, size 8, in tan $25.00

2) Mustang brand show shirt, kid's size 8. NEW, short sleeves, in lt. grey or yellow. $7.00 each

3) Cute little vest for the little ones. Size 6-8, perfect for lead line classes! $5.00

LAhorses 03-17-2013 03:18 PM

Can you please measure inseam on pants for me? Is the shirts true to size?

backyardhorse 03-17-2013 05:45 PM

I went a little "measure crazy" and here's what I came up with:
Inseam on the breeches is 19". These are breeches, NOT jods (no bottom cuff), and the waist measures at 22"

Just like in women's clothing, a 6 is not necessarily a 6, depends on the mfg, so here are measurments for it: point of shoulder to point of shoulder across the back is 10", around the bust is 27", and the length from the base of the collar to bottom of shirt is 10". It's a cotton/poly blend so it will shrink very little in the washer. Also, I don't have a blue one, I have a lightish/medium grey, and a light yellow (looks awesome!)
Hope this helps!

LAhorses 03-17-2013 06:18 PM

Ok shirt is going to be to small, but I have a question for you are breeches suppose to go to the ankle or just long enough to tuck in your boots? Thank you it's my daughters first year showing.
Posted via Mobile Device

backyardhorse 03-17-2013 06:44 PM

In the olden days, breeches were supposed to come to just below mid-calf (equestrians NEVER rode without tall boots--snobs!) . Now, more of us like our breeches to the ankle. IF you're wearing long boots, either is fine, with paddock boots, to the ankle is going to work out better.

LAhorses 03-17-2013 07:20 PM

Ok, darn it having a hard time finding the right sizes. Either to small or to large, jackets seem to be worse!! Thanks anyways.
Posted via Mobile Device