The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeds (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/)
-   -   French and Polish Arabian Lines? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeds/french-polish-arabian-lines-156698/)

Houston 03-17-2013 08:27 PM

French and Polish Arabian Lines?

I believe I have a soon to be first horse! A nice Endurance family who I greatly appreciate has been letting me work with her for the last couple of weeks and I fell in love with this mare. Smart, calm, well mannered, and too sweet! Very easy to work with. Her name: Chador, Dory for short. :)

Unfortunately I don't have any good photos of her yet except for a few phone shots.

I'm not good at all with pedigrees and am not yet familiar with the specialties of different lines of Arabians. So any comments on her lines would be helpful. I'm just curious. Her sire Doran SBFAR and his entire line appear to be French bred. Her Dam Zilver Charm seems to have Polish and more racing blood. That's just what my brief research has found.

From All Breed Pedigree

Another question: From what I've found many French bred horses are used for racing. What is special about the Polish lines (and any other lines this mare may have in her pedigree?)

Again, any comments are appreciated!

deserthorsewoman 03-17-2013 09:44 PM

Interesting pedigree. The French side has a drop Polish.
Dam side mainly Polish, one Egyptian line and one old crabbet. Kontiki, racing blood. Sambor, all the Polish, anyway. Poland selects their breeding stock through racing.

There is lots of controversy about French Arabians. If you go down the generations and look at pictures, it gets pretty obvious why. These horses just don't look Arabian. Period. Not to me anyway.But, WAHO acknowledged them as purebred.
If you look further back on the French side, there's a lot of inbreeding/ linebreeding going on. Possible that there is one "strong" individual was used who was pretty consistent in what it gave to the offspring. Hence the strong resemblance down the lines.

All that said.....we need pics:-)

Houston 03-17-2013 10:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deserthorsewoman (Post 1942371)
Interesting pedigree. The French side has a drop Polish.
Dam side mainly Polish, one Egyptian line and one old crabbet. Kontiki, racing blood. Sambor, all the Polish, anyway. Poland selects their breeding stock through racing.

There is lots of controversy about French Arabians. If you go down the generations and look at pictures, it gets pretty obvious why. These horses just don't look Arabian. Period. Not to me anyway.But, WAHO acknowledged them as purebred.
If you look further back on the French side, there's a lot of inbreeding/ linebreeding going on. Possible that there is one "strong" individual was used who was pretty consistent in what it gave to the offspring. Hence the strong resemblance down the lines.

All that said.....we need pics:-)

Thanks! I did notice a lot of inbreeding and closely related horses through her Sire's side. I was told French Arabians have a little bit more bone and tend to be calmer, but again my experience and sources with pedigrees are very, very limited.

I need to get some pics of this girl! She's no halter horse but she is sound and a very comfortable ride. I'm hoping to start Endurance on her and do some low level dressage, along with any other fun stuff that comes around. Because of her personality, she seems like a good horse to take around and try different things with.

This is the only one that came out good on my crappy phone. Just a head shot. :-)

deserthorsewoman 03-17-2013 10:23 PM

Well, she definitely looks more Polish than French:-)
Although pedigree research is very interesting, nobody can ride a piece of paper. So her being the way you describe her is all that counts.
Later tonight I'll dig out a bit more info on Kontiki and Sambor for you ;-)

HGEsquire 03-18-2013 03:07 PM

Do a google search for the Arabian Stallion Oration. He is a successful show horse on both the Arabian and the Open circuit and is a half brother through this mares sire.
I think you will find a lot of information in doing so.

Here is a link to his pedigree:
Oration Arabian

Denise Gainey

Houston 03-18-2013 09:00 PM

Oration has a great show record! :D
Full brother to Dory's sire, too.

HGEsquire 03-18-2013 10:02 PM

And is exactly why I shared ;) There is a lot of good stuff regarding this mares breeding and providing she has not had any bad experiences with humans you should have yourself a real gem :D

Enjoy and have tons of fun!

Denise Gainey