The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   That cat is going to die . . . (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/cat-going-die-156733/)

EliRose 03-17-2013 11:35 PM

That cat is going to die . . .

While lunging Parker today, one of the barn cats (a seven month old kitten) kept running straight in front of him, leaping at the lunge whip, and attacking his tail. My friend had to keep grabbing her and putting her outside of the indoor. This same cat had half of her foot crushed by a horse in the middle of Sandy, and had to be rushed to the vet by my trainer while all of the trees were falling on the road. She is a lucky little monster to have such caring owners.

Anyway, Parker finally got fed up and took off after her (this was after a half hour of her rudeness), and scared the little thing (and me) half to death. But then she came back.

:evil:

Did I mention the suicide cat is also quite (accidentally) pregnant? She has quite a few nicknames around here . . . :twisted:

GallopingGuitarist 03-17-2013 11:46 PM

Haha! At home we have milk cows and if a cat is bothering a cow when you are milking it's no fun. If they get something in the milk you have to throw it out, and if they bug the cow you might get kicked. So we came up with, "Spare the boot... Spoil the cat". Our cats have learned not to hang around the milk cows now.

DraftyAiresMum 03-17-2013 11:52 PM

Awwwww!! Send her here! Cosmo would love a friend as crazy as he is!
Posted via Mobile Device

loveduffy 03-18-2013 01:00 AM

cats have 9 live maybe she wants to use some up :)

iRide Ponies 03-18-2013 02:45 AM

*snicker*

I used to know a dog that acted like that. The behaviour didn't last long after my horse came around. She was being groomed at liberty in the big field when the dog ran over, nipped her hock. She double-barrel kicked it over a five bar gate and broke its paw.

After that, I never had a problem.

AlexS 03-18-2013 03:17 AM

Animals do not get pregnant accidentally, they were not neutered.

SorrelHorse 03-18-2013 04:11 AM

Story of my life. Selena's a cowhorse, she's going to chase anything that moves...The barn cats here don't understand that! It's a miracle these critters stay alive.

Kotori 03-18-2013 06:11 AM

We have a cat that stupid here. He runs under my horse as I'm trotting, and he won't go away! makes me nervous when taking lessons. he tried jumping up in the saddle with me once...

walkinthewalk 03-18-2013 07:55 AM

That is how one of my barn cats ended up being a house cat -- he got stepped on and pulled his hip out when he was about a year old.

Do you know how much a titanium hip pin costs for a stupid cat?! That's why he is now in the house. Had he been ten instead of one, I'd've probably had him put to sleep.

As it is, he sleeps at my feet and taps his paw on my face every morning, if I'm not awake by 5:30. Beats listening to some obnoxious alarm clock noise, I guess----------------

EliRose 03-18-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexS (Post 1942882)
Animals do not get pregnant accidentally, they were not neutered.

I understand that, she's not my cat. However, they thought they had time to spay her (she still looks like a kitten). I actually thought she was already spayed, I was incredibly surprised when she turned up pregnant. She WILL be spayed after the kittens are born.
Posted via Mobile Device