The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   New Saddle!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/new-saddle-156746/)

reigninseattle 03-18-2013 05:05 AM

New Saddle!!

3 Attachment(s)
I went to a tack sale yesterday in search of a saddle, and I actually found one! My old saddle didn't fit my horse so I sold it about a month ago and have been looking for a new one, particularly a used 16" barrel saddle with semi-quarter horse bars and a tall gullet to accommodate his super high withers. Yeah, not so easy to find. The one I bought isn't a barrel saddle, but it has a deep seat and let me tell you, it holds you in the seat! And it seems to fit my horse!! I've ridden in it twice and he hasn't shown any signs of discomfort.
I did a little research because it wasn't a big brand name I recognized. Turns out it was hand made in Mtn View, MO, by Clarence D. Anderson. I did a little more research and found out the company that made it was sold and is now called Hedgpeth Saddlery, and their basic models start at $1300...I paid $250 :lol:
Anyways, I just wanted to share because I'm so excited to finally have a saddle that fits Red! Pics are after our ride earlier today, even practiced figure 8 and he did awesome! :D

garlicbunny 03-18-2013 10:22 AM

WoW, it's really pretty, all those silver concho things are different though..Glad it fits, looks comfy! Sounds like you got an awesome deal!

Cacowgirl 03-18-2013 10:35 AM

Nice saddle! I think you got a great deal.

reigninseattle 03-18-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garlicbunny (Post 1943030)
WoW, it's really pretty, all those silver concho things are different though..Glad it fits, looks comfy! Sounds like you got an awesome deal!

Thanks :) Lol I know the conchos are a bit much, not really my style, but it fits and thats all that matters :-) And yes it's super comfy! The seat is really different from what I'm used to, but for once my back didn't hurt after riding! :-o

garlicbunny 03-18-2013 04:07 PM

Your post is so unlike the others..finding a comfortable saddle that looks good AND fits horse and rider..I am envious for sure..and bet others are too!

reigninseattle 03-18-2013 04:56 PM

Lol, I know I got REALLY lucky, I didn't know anything about the saddle before I bought it besides it looked like it might fit, so when it worked out I just got so excited I had to share! :oops: lol I will be taking very good care of this saddle so it will hopefully last a long time

SouthernTrails 03-18-2013 05:07 PM

I used to sell Hedgpeth Saddles a few years ago, very nice Saddles for the money :-)

gigem88 03-18-2013 09:42 PM

Congrats on your saddle, you got a deal!

PalominoBuck 03-18-2013 10:40 PM

Congrats on the beautiful saddle, it looks great and matches your other tack very well. Beautiful horse too.

reigninseattle 03-19-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA (Post 1944929)

I used to sell Hedgpeth Saddles a few years ago, very nice Saddles for the money :-)

I was happy to find out that it's a quality saddle. It has a very interesting seat, I've never ridden in a saddle quite like it, but it's very comfortable and really keeps you in the seat. Might take a few more rides to get used to it :P