The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Bah! So Upset! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/bah-so-upset-156754/)

WelcomeMyWelsh 03-18-2013 09:54 AM

Bah! So Upset!
 
A few days ago. I ordered a saddle online, Thinking it would fit my paint horse Malomar. But, It doesnt, The saddle was 300$ and there are NO returns to the website I ordered from. Which frankly I didn't know and is really stupid. Advice on what I should do?

xlionesss 03-18-2013 10:06 AM

Sell it on eBay for cheaper than you bought it for and go to a professional fitter. What brand was the saddle? If it's brand new 300, it's probably not much good. Try looking into a quality saddle

WelcomeMyWelsh 03-18-2013 10:12 AM

It's a King Trail Saddle. It is good quality but I got a discount. Normally it was like 800$.

Speed Racer 03-18-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeMyWelsh (Post 1942996)
The saddle was 300$ and there are NO returns to the website I ordered from. Which frankly I didn't know and is really stupid. Advice on what I should do?

Unfortunately, that's on you. Not reading the fine print isn't the fault of the seller, it's on the buyer to know what they're getting themselves into.

As stated, the only recourse you have is to resell it. You can try craigslist, ebay, or any of the numerous tack websites on the 'net.

WelcomeMyWelsh 03-18-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed Racer (Post 1943025)
Unfortunately, that's on you. Not reading the fine print isn't the fault of the seller, it's on the buyer to know what they're getting themselves into.

As stated, the only recourse you have is to resell it. You can try craigslist, ebay, or any of the numerous tack websites on the 'net.

As I just said. It was discounted. It was originally 800$

Breella 03-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeMyWelsh (Post 1943029)
As I just said. It was discounted. It was originally 800$

Doesn't matter, it is yours now. Look up what other people are selling them for and try to recoup some of your money.

nvr2many 03-18-2013 10:34 AM

Well if it was originality 800. then it should be easier to get your 300. or closer to it back. Good luck.

Shoebox 03-18-2013 11:20 AM

That's sucky. Personally I would NEVER buy a saddle from an online site that has no returns. That's an incredibly stupid rule for a site that sells saddles. Also, King saddles aren't very good saddles - so in my opinion you've got the opportunity to sell yours possibly at a profit and buy a better one.

xlionesss 03-18-2013 06:41 PM

Once again, go to a professional fitter. It will be more costly but will help you and your horse out. An ill-fitting saddle can be painful to your horse.

WelcomeMyWelsh 03-18-2013 06:51 PM

I know. Please don't act like I don't know what i'm doing. I got him sized. He broke his wither bone a while back so once I build him back up do you think it'll fit better? I'm going to keep it until he's fully built and if it doesn't fit then. I'll get rid of it.
Posted via Mobile Device


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0