The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Ordered some Renegade Hoof Boots today! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/ordered-some-renegade-hoof-boots-today-156865/)

laurapratt01 03-18-2013 03:59 PM

Ordered some Renegade Hoof Boots today!

After finally selling enough stuff on ebay to be able to afford some boots for Jackie Moon, I ordered a pair of Renegades.
I've been drooling over them for a looooong time and now these bad boys are all mine. Can't wait to get them in the mail and try 'em on my pony!
Black Knight

mtndrmr 03-21-2013 09:28 AM

Me too!

I ordered some on Wednesday in the Arizona Copper color. My horse is a dun overo TWH so should 'match' better with the all brown tack. Plus I sold two horses last week and my wonderful spouse and 'banker' had me order a new gaited saddle with some of the proceeds. My old one was synthetic and about 10 yrs old - not bad for an online 'el cheapo' that still was ok but didn't fit this horse. ANYway, am looking fwd to hearing how you like your hoof boots and from anybody else who has them. And who have a TN Saddlery saddle.

Joe4d 03-21-2013 02:26 PM

bright orange is easier to find when you gotta back track to look for one that fell off,
Doesnt happen often, and actually has never happened with renegades to me, these are pretty good boots.

mtndrmr 03-21-2013 03:27 PM

Good point, Joe4d. Just hope I won't have that problem! Wonder if it would compromise the integrity of the boot to put a tiny hole/grommet somewhere on them and run a piece of line (like venetian blind cord)thru it and up to a belt loop or the cinch ring or accessory ring. Loose enough to allow full freedom of movement but tight enough so if one does come off, you'll see it bounce out of the corner of your eye... and hope Ol Paint doesn't trip on it and go ballistic! Not very convenient or practical when riding with a lot of folks, but then maybe they would see it - especially the orange you referred to! Just a thought.

mtndrmr 03-24-2013 08:23 PM

Got my Arizona Copper color Rendgades on Friday and they fit great! Storm picked up her feet really high the first couple minutes, then when she found the gravel and rough ground didn't bother her, she really seemed to relax and enjoy being out of the pasture. And the color is bright enough that it should be visible if one comes off. Gina at Renegade was a pleasure to work with and was VERY patient. Am SO looking fwd to it warming up and the wind dying down to get out and go. Laura - did you receive yours yet and how do you like them?

laurapratt01 03-25-2013 02:22 PM

I got my boots on Thursday, and unfortunately they were too short with the cut back. I sent them back today so that I can get a pair with no cutback. I'm hoping they arrive this week. I'm dying to use them! All of the reviews I've read have been great so I definitely have high expectations. I'll let you guys know how I feel about them once I've used them :)

laurapratt01 04-04-2013 03:15 PM

I got my boots on Saturday... I used them on Sunday and I really like them. I went on a 5 mile ride, walking trotting and cantering, through mud, over rocks..you name it! They did come off once at a gallop but I don't think I tightened them enough. I put them back on and tightened them and I galloped again and they stayed on. I think there may be a couple more times of trial and error before I really get them fitted right. Jack seemed to really like them too! He was happy to not have to tip toe over the rough ground. I'm going to be really enjoying them this summer.

mtndrmr 04-04-2013 04:54 PM

That's really good news. Renagade sure seems to have great service. The first time I put the boots on, I didn't tighten one tight enough and it wobbled a bit so got that straightened out and then rode for about an hour. Will get better as I have practice with putting them on, but they sure seem to work well. Congrats on the 5 mile ride!!! Not sure my aged hiney could handle that at the moment! Got a new TN Saddlery part synthetic gaited saddle about the same time as the boots and am just so READY to get out and put some miles on it, the boots, and my body. Have fun Laura - it won't be too long and you'll be able to get out and 'burn rubber'!!!

laurapratt01 04-04-2013 06:51 PM

Burn Rubber...LOL
Congrats on your new saddle!

mtndrmr 04-04-2013 07:25 PM

Thanks! Enjoy!!!