The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Forum Rules and Announcements (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-forum-rules-announcements/)
-   -   Handing over the reins (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-forum-rules-announcements/handing-over-reins-156873/)

Mike_Admin 03-18-2013 04:19 PM

Handing over the reins

Hi everyone,

I've recently come to the difficult realization that I no longer have the free time to remain an active administrator. The community here deserves nothing less, and for that reason I have decided to step aside.

While a number of members of the moderation team were obvious choices to take my place, moderating is only part of what is involved in keeping the site available to everyone. Significant technical expertise is required to maintain a board with so many custom moving parts, so in order to ensure that the community remains available to everyone for years to come, I chose to put it in the hands of someone who has just that.

Please welcome Yung, username Yungster, who will act as the community's new administrator. I'll have to relinquish the username Administrator to avoid confusion, but I plan to visit as a regular member from time to time using the username HoofHearted, so please don't hesitate to say hi.

Thanks for helping make this community something I think we can all be proud of. :-)

Endiku 03-18-2013 04:28 PM

You have done a wonderful job as an administrator, and I'm sure that I can speak for a great many of us when I say that we will miss having you as our 'band leader' but understand that life is precious, and needs to be spent wisely! I am sure that this has taken a lot of thought for you, and wish you luck at whatever endeavors you are setting out to do after this.

Thank you for all of your hard work to make this community open for all of us. I can't imagine not having it!

Best wishes,
Endiku

jaydee 03-18-2013 04:34 PM

As far as I can tell you've done a great job handling what must be really tough situations - must be exhausting and you deserve a break by now
Thank you for all your hard work - enjoy your 'retirement'!!

Skyseternalangel 03-18-2013 04:46 PM

Welcome Yung :)

Administrator, we shall miss you but appreciate that you're looking out for what's best for the forum.

I'm happy you'll stick around from time to time though!

Cacowgirl 03-18-2013 05:17 PM

Thank you for your service to our site. I hope you continue to enjoy it as a valued HF member.

clairegillies 03-18-2013 05:25 PM

everything you've done is much appreciated, thank you for making the forum a nice place to be.
welcome to Yung and hope we don't all drive you demented.

smrobs 03-18-2013 06:16 PM

Mike, I know I'm not the only one that hates to see you go, but I understand your reasoning. You've been a great admin (even when I didn't agree with you :wink::lol:) and you'll be missed in that role.

Welcome Yung :D, sorry to say, but you've got some big shoes to fill :wink:.

JaphyJaphy 03-18-2013 06:38 PM

You've done an excellent job of providing a very valuable resource to many horsepeople. I very much appreciate all the hard work you've done, so thank you! I am sorry to see you go.

Welcome, Yung!

Admin_Yungster 03-18-2013 08:09 PM

Thank you for your warm welcome everyone.

equiniphile 03-18-2013 08:22 PM

Mike, you've been a fantastic moderator here over the years, and you've done a great job of keeping the community a friendly, positive place for everyone here. Thank you!!!

Welcome, Yung! You've got big shoes to fill ;-)