The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Training (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/)
-   -   I had to post this. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-training/i-had-post-15741/)

RusticWildFire 10-09-2008 11:54 AM

I had to post this.

So, I'm sure many of you have already seen this or know about it but I found it yesterday and I'm like...darn near drooling over it. I wish I had enough time to work with my horses to get them to trust me/listen to me like this!!

YouTube - Clinton Anderson and Mindy!

I love it :)

I saw him and Monty Roberts a few years ago and it was awesome. I love them both. And I love my Clinton Anderson shirt haha. I still wear it all the time..Darn college 8-)

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-09-2008 03:39 PM

I just love love love that! I'm so heartbroken. I did have Dumas following me around and playing with me at one time. I screwed that up...He's slowly coming around. :oops: I of course never reached anything like that but I could run with him beside me and just stop outta the blue. Dumas would then stop with me. I could get him to cut up in other ways too.

It's a really really touchy bond. Dumas is not the most forgiving gelding out there. :roll: He'll do new things but if you mess up the old ''dependable'' stuff.....he's got an attitude of "well, forget that...I don't want to play that game any more."

Anyways... that was all kinda off topic. I really really really like that demo by Clinton. It's just amazing.

3neighs 10-09-2008 04:05 PM

I can't watch the video (stupid dial up), but I know what it's of as I've seen him in person. I know he and several other "NH" trainers get flack from a lot of people on here, but I'm impressed by him. That is the relationship I strive for with my horses. I do use a lot of his techniques mixed with my own.

Gingerrrrr 10-09-2008 04:31 PM

that choked me up. it was amazing.

sandy2u1 10-09-2008 04:35 PM

Clinton Anderson is such a great trainer!!! I wish I had his knowledge to train my horse with. thanks for posting the link...i enjoyed watching the video.

RusticWildFire 10-09-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl (Post 163918)
I just love love love that! I'm so heartbroken. I did have Dumas following me around and playing with me at one time. I screwed that up...He's slowly coming around. :oops: I of course never reached anything like that but I could run with him beside me and just stop outta the blue. Dumas would then stop with me. I could get him to cut up in other ways too.

It was the same with me and Hunter at one time too. I loved it. Now that I've not had much time for them he has even gotten difficult to catch which I don't know if that is a game or what..but once I do catch him once in a while he will do that still. Of course as you said, it was never to the level of Clinton and Mindy but it was still just as awesome of a feeling to me :)

loosie 10-09-2008 08:37 PM

Clinton's very Parelli style isn't he??

If you were impressed by that, you'll be blown away by Guy McLean - here's one link to get you started... YouTube - Guy McLean - Liberty, Bridleless & Saddleless There are more on YouTube tho. I've also seen him at Equitana & tho he only had one stallion with him at the time, it was mighty impressive still.

Another one you'd probably be very impressed by is Nevzorov's Haute Ecole. He also has some vids on youtube, as well as his own site. He's a bit fanatical against 'normal' horsemanship IMO and uses different methods to most, including no headgear until the horse is already trained...

equineangel91 10-09-2008 08:54 PM

Thats really really inspiring and the horse is beautiful. It looks like a wonderful bond and its awesome that they can both play around and have fun like that =D Thats really good.

and WOA MCLEAN IS AWESOME! :D that was reeeeally good. Im totally jealous. My horse and I have that kind of trust, but not really the training. He'll run with me and play with me though :D

those two horses working together so calmly is absolutely beautiful and inspiring. one of the most beautiful tings ive seen in a long time really WONDERFUL

and the calmness with all three horses, is absolutely incredible!!!!!

LadyDreamer 10-09-2008 09:14 PM

I LOVE it. When you watch them in person, if you are familiar with his methods, you can see every cue. It is not magic, it is training. His cues are subtle, but that just tells you how much that horse is paying attention. When I saw him, he had Diaz. There were a couple times, when Diaz got distracted, and just went to the corner until Clinton "picked him back up". Very awesome!

RusticWildFire 10-10-2008 10:54 AM

Yeah I've seen him in person and I know there are cues for pretty much everything he does but still! It's all amazing to me :) I love it!