The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Showmanship (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/)
-   -   Halter for arabian??? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-showmanship/halter-arabian-157474/)

BreannaMarie 03-19-2013 10:14 AM

Halter for arabian???

my brother wants to show his reg. egyption arabian this summer at the local open shows but needs a show halter, hes doing her in purple and i found an arabian show halter i want to get him for her but someone told me that the noseband was to thin, does it matter how wide the noseband is???

Speed Racer 03-19-2013 10:26 AM

For Arabian show halters, the thinner the better. The idea is that you're showing off the horse's head, not the halter.

Dustbunny 03-19-2013 01:20 PM

Go to your local tack store and pick up an Arabian magazine. That will give you a good idea of what to get. And I would keep the color neutral. My Little Pony colors are fun for barn tack and pleasure riding but be very careful with it in the show ring (my apologies in advance to all those offended).

BreannaMarie 03-19-2013 10:07 PM

the haltr i want to get him is dark oil with little dark purple beads on it and ik what to look for i basically wanted to know if what i was told about the noseband width was correct

GamingGrrl 03-19-2013 10:15 PM

^ and people answered you. Thinner is better, no crazy colors if you want to be taken seriously.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dreamcatcher Arabians 03-19-2013 10:20 PM

Billy Royal Braided Patent Thread Halter in Leather Thread Halters at Schneider Saddlery

This is pretty much the 'go to' Arabian show halter. You need a throat latch chain, chin chain, leather lead and a pair of Conchos to go with. You can buy to either match or compliment the horse's color but the colored beads are out.

Western Conchos and Throatlatches at Schneider

Show Leads & Chains at Schneider

Saddlebag 03-20-2013 12:18 PM

Do check what colors the show people are using, plain black, sparkles, colors, etc. It helps if the color complements the horse's colors.

WSArabians 03-21-2013 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This this one, but purple?

BreannaMarie 03-21-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSArabians (Post 1975530)
This this one, but purple?

yes the halter i want to get him looks exactly like that only the beads are purple

texasgal 03-21-2013 01:06 PM

Sounds like you're on the right track!