The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Clothing help! UK show (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/clothing-help-uk-show-157610/)

LoisEquestrian 03-19-2013 01:46 PM

Clothing help! UK show

I need to buy some new jodhpurs/breeches for a show I will be going to soon. I'll be doing showing and jumping, either a class or clear round.
I have a grey tweed jacket, a shirt, a grey tie with blue pinstripes and black tall boots.
What colour of jodhpurs/breeches do you think I should get? Beige, white, canary... Etc?

I really have no idea, so any help will be much appreciated!
Posted via Mobile Device

LoisEquestrian 03-29-2013 07:11 AM

Anyone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Reckyroo 03-29-2013 02:30 PM

White shirt and white jodhpurs - never fails to look smart :D

Clava 03-29-2013 02:37 PM

For showing you want beige or yellow not white (which is dressage or showjumping). Hacking jacket, shirt and tie sounds good and you'll need brown gloves.

Reckyroo 03-29-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clava (Post 2066401)
For showing you want beige or yellow not white (which is dressage or showjumping). Hacking jacket, shirt and tie sounds good and you'll need brown gloves.

I forgot to mention, I know NOTHING about showing etc :oops: haha x I'd go with the pro's advice and ignore mine - I just go with what looks good, not what should be worn :lol: xx

LoisEquestrian 04-02-2013 12:34 PM

Thank you! :)
Posted via Mobile Device

minstrel 04-03-2013 03:08 PM

Beige is a good call - you can get away with beige in low level dr and sj, but you can't get away with white in a show ring!! The rest is fine... just remember gloves! Brown for showing, white for dr, and black for eventing/sj.

faye 04-03-2013 03:24 PM

Sorry I havnt seen this earlier. Deffinatly beige or canary jods, and a cream shirt (white washes people out and with showday nerves can make some people look one step from death).
I'd also go for a brighter tie as you will look very washed out without an injection of colour in there. A nice Royal Blue, Bright scarlet or Deep burghundy tie would look lovely.

Deffinatly BROWN gloves.

If you think about replacing your jacket you should go for something green or brown based as that is more acceptable.

If you need any more advice just shout, I've been showing at high level for over 20 years so can point you in the right direction!

LoisEquestrian 04-14-2013 09:44 AM

So would you say these were okay?
Toggi Fenton Jodhpurs - Competition Jodhpurs and Breeches - Jodhpurs and Breeches - Women - Equestrian - Derby House Website

faye 04-14-2013 01:22 PM

They are OK, however I personaly would prefer something more yellowy or a bit brighter

this is personaly what I would go for (canary version)
Derby House Chester Breeches - Competition Jodhpurs and Breeches - Jodhpurs and Breeches - Women - Equestrian - Derby House Website
However if you cant face wearing something that yellow then the mark todd canarys are more beigey but with a little hint of yellow
Mark Todd NEW Gisborne Euro Seat Breeches - Competition Jodhpurs and Breeches - Jodhpurs and Breeches - Women - Equestrian - Derby House Website

or saddlecraft ones
Saddlecraft Ladies Jiggy Jodhpurs - Competition Jodhpurs and Breeches - Jodhpurs and Breeches - Women - Equestrian - Derby House Website