The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   vent mad rant (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/vent-mad-rant-157730/)

speidel 03-19-2013 03:57 PM

vent mad rant

We all know of the stabbles were the horses are spotless stalls dont have an oz of dirt in them everything runs like clockwork... Get real most working stables will have its issues. In navada the wendover stables are rented out as a service. They rent out the space, your horse is YOUR problem. Want it watered? groomed? feed? you have to do it. YOu want its stall clean, you clean it. It is a self service. Want your horse to have a vet visit? Haul it in to the vet. (the one that comes is out 2x a year)
But because A young lady didnt like it, she complaned and complaned. There were ppl hear who did there best, so the shelters were less then good on some they were built good and horses safe but not on all. But then agin i have seen horses get hurt in a completly empty stall, and other hrses in junkyards never get a scrach. but because of her complaning the "city is taking action. they have cut almost all of the local kids sports. parents now have to fund them and if there isnt funding then they are giving refunds and the kids wont play this year. dosnt seam right for the kids and parents that dont have horses. The city has raised rent and now if you want a shelter you have to sign a year leasse and RENT IT with the space. (i dont know if i will be hear a year) because of this a lot of ppl are moving there horses to the utah side stabbles that are privetly owned. I can see it from my bedroom window. the pens are being built with scrap wood, pallets both wood and plastic and ithe round pen has been put up with barbwire. And they have had ther first loss of life. i woke to gunshot and looked out to see ppl standing around a horse on the ground. I dont know why or what happend but everyone i have talked to on the navada side is planning on moving to the utah side. I can only hope that the girl who complaned and brought added misery will take time to walk over to the utah stabbles and see what she has made so many ppl do. Why are they moving there horses? they are unwilling to give them up but truthfully cant affored them eather. right no but it is there horses and they will do as they wish. I will also note, that a cop who keeped his horses nexed to the girl has addmitted he has had to close her gate, lock her tack room up because she forgot to. He thinks she invited most of the truble then when she becan complaning her horse became a target. Saddly after she sold her horse i made the mistake of letting her ride one of mine. that horse is dead and days later my other horse had her face so swollen a halter wouldnt fit on her nose. When i asked girl to stop working with them all problems stoped. This is a rant because right now my horse is in a tiny pen because we have to pull abart her shelter and nails and other stuff is in her normal pen and i was informed that there has been a compant filed because she is in a smaller pen, and no more shelter.

busysmurf 03-19-2013 04:10 PM

??????????? I'm sorry, but I don't understand a single thing you are trying to say.

It's great to vent on here, lord knows I do. But it's REALLY hard to understand what you are getting at. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, look over your post to make sure it's legible. I've noticed that pretty much all of your posts are nearly impossible to understand.

I'm a TERRIBLE speller (just ask Shoebox, she yells at me all the time), but I make an effort to write legiblly. You are going to get a lot more responses and support if we can understand what you are writing.

Skyseternalangel 03-19-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speidel (Post 1958258)
We all know of the stabbles were the horses are spotless stalls dont have an oz of dirt in them everything runs like clockwork... Get real most working stables will have its issues. In navada the wendover stables are rented out as a service. They rent out the space, your horse is YOUR problem. Want it watered? groomed? feed? you have to do it. YOu want its stall clean, you clean it. It is a self service. Want your horse to have a vet visit? Haul it in to the vet. (the one that comes is out 2x a year)
But because A young lady didnt like it, she complaned and complaned. There were ppl hear who did there best, so the shelters were less then good on some they were built good and horses safe but not on all. But then agin i have seen horses get hurt in a completly empty stall, and other hrses in junkyards never get a scrach. but because of her complaning the "city is taking action. they have cut almost all of the local kids sports. parents now have to fund them and if there isnt funding then they are giving refunds and the kids wont play this year. dosnt seam right for the kids and parents that dont have horses. The city has raised rent and now if you want a shelter you have to sign a year leasse and RENT IT with the space. (i dont know if i will be hear a year) because of this a lot of ppl are moving there horses to the utah side stabbles that are privetly owned. I can see it from my bedroom window. the pens are being built with scrap wood, pallets both wood and plastic and ithe round pen has been put up with barbwire. And they have had ther first loss of life. i woke to gunshot and looked out to see ppl standing around a horse on the ground. I dont know why or what happend but everyone i have talked to on the navada side is planning on moving to the utah side. I can only hope that the girl who complaned and brought added misery will take time to walk over to the utah stabbles and see what she has made so many ppl do. Why are they moving there horses? they are unwilling to give them up but truthfully cant affored them eather. right no but it is there horses and they will do as they wish. I will also note, that a cop who keeped his horses nexed to the girl has addmitted he has had to close her gate, lock her tack room up because she forgot to. He thinks she invited most of the truble then when she becan complaning her horse became a target. Saddly after she sold her horse i made the mistake of letting her ride one of mine. that horse is dead and days later my other horse had her face so swollen a halter wouldnt fit on her nose. When i asked girl to stop working with them all problems stoped. This is a rant because right now my horse is in a tiny pen because we have to pull abart her shelter and nails and other stuff is in her normal pen and i was informed that there has been a compant filed because she is in a smaller pen, and no more shelter.

This is a very broad topic rant.

The bold part is the part I want to talk about, because I have problems with this myself. Unless the board is labeled "self service board" then you should NOT be responsible for feeding and watering your horse. The additional parts ni the contract will outline what else the barn does and what you then have to do (or pay extra for) so if the girl signed for self service and the contract terms were not stepped on, then she has a right to complain and be upset.

Kayella 03-19-2013 05:01 PM

Am I correct in thinking that this rant is in reference to another member on this board? If not, there is some eerie similarities in the issues the both of you are facing. If it is, I thought she had said there was no boarding besides that place around? It's unfortunate that the sports teams have to suffer because of the elevated city costs. However, many times more funding is put into the sports teams than anything else and nothing is said. So there's two sides to every situation.

I have also never been to a full care facility so I'm not sure what it's like. I, personally, would rather care for my horse myself and ensure his care is correct. I have also boarded at places where we were completely responsible for the upkeep of the facility. Sucks, I know, but sometimes the simplest care is the best care.

speidel 03-19-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by busysmurf (Post 1958442)
??????????? I'm sorry, but I don't understand a single thing you are trying to say.

It's great to vent on here, lord knows I do. But it's REALLY hard to understand what you are getting at. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, look over your post to make sure it's legible. I've noticed that pretty much all of your posts are nearly impossible to understand.

I'm a TERRIBLE speller (just ask Shoebox, she yells at me all the time), but I make an effort to write legiblly. You are going to get a lot more responses and support if we can understand what you are writing.

i have a two year old who has spilled you name it on my poor keybord and i am normaly on hear when i am brestfeeding my 6 week old baby girl. cobind that with a lack of schooling yep im horrible and not to much hope for me left :)

demonwolfmoon 03-19-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speidel (Post 1961250)
i have a two year old who has spilled you name it on my poor keybord and i am normaly on hear when i am brestfeeding my 6 week old baby girl. cobind that with a lack of schooling yep im horrible and not to much hope for me left :)

I wouldn't say anything but that's not true. Lack of schooling is pretty much up to you, and if there's "no hope"...that is your decision....

I could read your post but it took more effort than most people would take.

Speed Racer 03-20-2013 04:29 PM

So basically, you're calling out Jalter for trying to improve living conditions where you keep your horse? I thought you and she were buddies, and you were in agreement that the place is a crap hole hell.

As far as the horse that was shot you have no clue why it was euthed, so need to keep your speculations to yourself.

Annanoel 03-20-2013 05:10 PM

The original post, and calling out another poster/owner for IMPROVING hell-ish conditions? :shock:

NBEventer 03-20-2013 05:31 PM

Wait... are we talking about this barn? http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boar...owhere-150841/

NdAppy 03-20-2013 06:20 PM

Interesting...