The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Enough with the snow (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/enough-snow-158185/)

Saddlebag 03-20-2013 11:19 AM

Enough with the snow

The guy plowing the yard hung his blade up at a snow bank so I had to pull him out. That I was glad to do but I'm running out of room as to where to put it. The yard is easily large enough for a grader to turn around and then some but it all the snow it is half that size. One more snow storm and I'll wind up with a path and nowhere to park.

wetrain17 03-20-2013 11:35 AM

Well, at least winter is over, officially. HAPPY SPRING.

March is always the hardest month to get through. Everyone always thinks that the weather is going to turn around, but March can be just as bad as all the other months. At least the days are numbered where there will be snow on the ground.

PrairieChic 03-20-2013 11:45 AM

I hear ya about the snow. I love winter and snow and cold - but enough already! It isn't fun anymore(waaaa)lol. I have a half mile drive through a field to my house we started with a good 100ft wide path. Down to just wide enough for my 4x4 to get through. Nowhere left to put snow. I haven't ridden since november, I think I'm ready for spring to get angry and kick oldman winter right in the backside lol!
Posted via Mobile Device

Shropshirerosie 03-20-2013 12:20 PM

Hear! Hear!

I am now ready to see ground, preferably from a horses back. Roll on the big thaw.

mls 03-20-2013 12:52 PM

As long as we don't jump above 50 degrees right away, the snow will equal badly needed moisture. No complaints here.

VelvetsAB 03-20-2013 03:04 PM

Saddlebag... I believe you are in the same-ish area as I am, and it does feel like it has been a really extra long winter!

Fulford15 03-20-2013 03:19 PM

HAPPY SPRING.... Winter Storm Warning, winds up to 80-100km and 20 cm of snow... winter isn't leaving still :evil:

GallopingGuitarist 03-21-2013 12:24 AM

Yep! I feel all you people's pain... literally! I live in South-Eastern Saskatchewan. I have nowhere to through any more snow. Like, nada, zilch, nothing... I am already throwing snow above my waist height. My sister backed into the snow bank yesterday and it took us around half an hour to get her out, we were already late for work, after that we were really late.

Spring.... where are you?!

boots 03-21-2013 01:56 AM

We would take everything y'all would send.

Five of my six friends and former neighbors have sold out their cattle herds. Hay is 3 to 500 hundred a ton. Horses are being sent to auction by hobbyists. Ranchers put theirs down if they can't live on air (yes, I'm exaggerating, but I'm depressed about this).

I'm not really whining. We get this from time to time. We've just had several decades of good years and got spoiled. Oh, but we have had less rain than the folks during the "dust bowl" years got. Just ag practices have improved so much it's not as noticeable. That, and most people are so far removed from agriculture they are interested so it doesn't make the news.

Phly 03-21-2013 02:02 AM

Snowing here right now. Been 20mph winds and under 30f Glad spring is here! News says last year it was 60f+. Well maybe this is a good sign for hay. Hmmm Murphy's law? Rains= hay. Rains=riding is less fun. Such an evil circle.
Posted via Mobile Device