The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP! Caly's Future Baby Daddy... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/please-help-calys-future-baby-daddy-158529/)

Lwhisperer 03-20-2013 08:50 PM

PLEASE HELP! Caly's Future Baby Daddy...

Hello, Horse Forum!

I have struggled for many months about whether or not I would post this on the forum, as I very well know many people's opinions on the matter of horse breeding on here. But I have decided the support from the extremely experienced and knowledgeable horse people on here is worth the risk of getting my hind end "chewed on" a bit...

I agree that the horse economy is in cruddy shape mostly because of "backyard breeders" that do not consider the many important matters involved with responsible breeding.

I also agree that rescuing or purchasing a horse that is already alive and needs a home is very important. Three of my four pets are rescues, and I intend to continue rescuing.

However, I also believe in going for your dreams. My dream has always been to raise a healthy, smart, confirmationally solid, beautiful foal, from pre-breeding planning to breeding, to birth, and onward to weaning, training and riding.

Calypso has been a HUGE part of my life since I got her. She's smart, willing, super athletic, solid, and has good bloodlines (though the latter does not necessarily reflect the quality/usefulness of the horse). This is NOT A REASON TO BREED, but her color and pattern also make her a standout beauty.

I have been saving money for a long time, to make sure that when the time arose, I would be financially prepared to take care of all pre- and post-breeding/foaling expenses, AND EMERGENCIES, should they occur. This foal would have a FOREVER home with me. If something unexpected should ever happen to me (serious injury/illness), one of my best "horse addict" friends has already said she will take it in and care for it to the best of her abilities. (She actually wants to buy it from me as soon as it's weaned, but I told her that's a no-go!)

I had been searching for the perfect match-up stud for Caly for months. Had been keeping my eye on an APHA stallion named QTsGold Mastercard for a long time, and after many discussions between hubby and me, we have decided we will be breeding her to MC in late March/early April of 2014.

LATER ON THE SAME DAY WE DECIDED TO BREED TO HIM, MC's owner posted info on a "free stud fee" contest to start today, March 20, and go until Monday, March 25. This is a "likes"-based contest, so the mare's picture with the most "likes" wins the free stud fee. I figured, why not try?

EVEN IF I DO NOT WIN THIS CONTEST, I WILL STILL BE BREEDING CALY TO MC IN 2014. This would simply be a discount in the breeding process. If you would like to help me fulfill this dream that has been a LONG TIME in the works, please search "QTsGold Mastercard" on Facebook, "like" his page, and the "like" Caly's picture in the "3/20 - 3/25 10:30am PST Free Breeding Contest Entrants" gallery. The vote does not count unless BOTH of these are "liked."

Please know that I take animal breeding very seriously. This is a one-time breeding, I WILL NEVER turn into a "backyard breeder" who does not care about the quality of the life that I am bringing into this world. Please do not try to talk me out of this, it will not work. The ONLY thing that will halt the process now is if anything comes back on her genetic testing that would be less than ideal. Studly has already had all the tests, is n/n for the 5-panel of diseases, and is n/n for Frame.

If you have nothing but negatives to say, I cannot stop you... But I would request that you find some constructive advice to add instead. I have many experienced people involved in this process already, but I always try to get as much good, experienced advice as possible. Also, I greatly appreciate my "horse forum family" and desperately want to share the entirety of this exciting journey with all of you. Thank you!!! :D

trainerunlimited 03-20-2013 09:05 PM

Pictures!
Posted via Mobile Device

grayshell38 03-20-2013 09:36 PM

Liked the page and her picture. Good luck!

Tazzie 03-20-2013 09:39 PM

I voted for you, and good luck! I'm sure the foal will be stunning :)

ApolloRider 03-20-2013 09:54 PM

Liked. :)

Taffy Clayton 03-20-2013 09:55 PM

I liked the photos for you.

It seems you have a definite plan in place, unlike some yahoo that might win.

SnowCowgirl 03-20-2013 10:02 PM

liked :)

SunnyDraco 03-20-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffy Clayton (Post 1973017)
I liked the photos for you.

It seems you have a definite plan in place, unlike some yahoo that might win.

You mean the ones that submitted a picture of a mare and no information about their entry or any plans of what they would do with a foal? :lol:

cowgirl4753 03-20-2013 10:35 PM

Done and done!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Breezy2011 03-20-2013 10:39 PM

I liked and voted!! Hope you win, they are a great match!