The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   I galloped for the very first time!!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/i-galloped-very-first-time-15894/)

travlingypsy 10-12-2008 08:19 PM

I galloped for the very first time!!!!!

It was sooo freakin cool! I took her up to the galloping field/hill agian. And we cantered, galloped we had to of gone around 5 times or more! Gypsy was awsome she kept her cool, very calm level headed not like all nutty blaring to go. Now, that horse can GO! She was just so great im so proud.
And the best part I didnt fall off! lol... Although I need to work on my jumping position. I get locked up in one knee and the other is loose... :???:

When was the first time you galloped and how was it?!

Im so excited I want to go again tomorrow.... :D

Jubilee Rose 10-13-2008 12:40 AM

Yay, that is awesome! Doesn't it feel like you're flying?? The last time I galloped I rode a quarter horse named Honey. We went trail riding and we were cantering pretty fast through trails in the woods. It was awesome. :razz:

travlingypsy 10-13-2008 12:53 AM

yah it kinda does! its so much different then the canter. But I wasnt expecting it to be. That would be awsome to gallop in the wooded trails like the movies! I'll just go up hill for now, I mean gypsy wasnt even going full speed! Who knows how fast she would be at the beach or in a flat field. Man it would be cool to find out!

Jubilee Rose 10-13-2008 01:03 AM

Yeah, haha. It was really cool. Actually, that is what I thought of too. I felt like I was one of those soldiers from the olden days blazing through trails on horseback. Lol. Is Gypsy an ex-racer?

travlingypsy 10-13-2008 01:25 AM

Um, no i dont think so. I have no idea what she did before she came into the hands of crazy people. One of her old owners said she had seattle slew in her. But I think that is a lie. Shes not reg. she has no tatoo or branding. I really wish I knew her whole history or could see pics of when she was a foal...It would be really interesting to see what she was like.

But since ive been going to the feilds, I dont want to ride in the arena any more. Seems to boring. I just wish I had someone to ride with...No one wants to go on trail rides with me :(

NorthernMama 10-13-2008 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlingypsy (Post 165818)
But since ive been going to the feilds, I dont want to ride in the arena any more. Seems to boring. I just wish I had someone to ride with...No one wants to go on trail rides with me :(

There truly is no greater feeling of freedom and power at the same time than what you get at a gallop! Unless you drive a convertible or a motorcyle! Congratulations.

As for the trail riding -- I agree. I can see how training rewards in an arena can be a very good feeling, but I much prefer training and riding anywhere other than a horse gymnasium! Maybe you just need to introduce the wonder of trail riding to others a little at a time and you will find someone else who enjoys it just as much. Good luck.

iridehorses 10-13-2008 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernmama (Post 165897)
There truly is no greater feeling of freedom and power at the same time than what you get at a gallop! Unless you drive a convertible or a motorcyle!

I do both and galloping has them beat. I remember after watching the movie "Dances with Wolves" when it first came out that in one scene, Kevin Costner has his horse in a full out gallop, drops his reins, puts his arms straight out from his sides, and closes his eyes. I tried that once (when I was young, stupid, and had a horse I trusted with my life). I've never had that feeling again but I remember it so vividly.

3neighs 10-13-2008 11:32 AM

I used to barrel race so galloping was all I knew. I'd always open my mare up on the dirt roads, but one day a friend and I rode to a nearby speedway where they held local auto races. The gates were open as there was construction going on and we asked the workers if we could gallop our horses once around the track and they said we could. I can't even put into words what that was like, but I will never forget it!

I have yet to gallop Stella and am not sure if I will ever desire to. I don't bounce like I used to. :D

travlingypsy 10-13-2008 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernmama (Post 165897)
Maybe you just need to introduce the wonder of trail riding to others a little at a time and you will find someone else who enjoys it just as much. Good luck.

OH NO they all go out together in their little groups! The BO, boarders, kids.... They never ask me. And then this one boarder who I knew before cause she took lessons, well she's always saying how she hasnt gotten the chance to play with me (mind you shes got to be 35+) and askes me all the time if im going to be out the next day and what time. Then she dosent even come that day! It hurst because my life is at the barn and I dont even have friends. And its not like my horse is crazy and no one wants to ride with her. Oh well...

Thats so cool to hear about every ones galloping. I use to want to barrel race (really bad) when I was younger. Imagen that my german instructor probably wasnt to pleased to hear as she was trying to prep me for dressage/jumping olympics.

NorthernMama 10-14-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlingypsy (Post 166244)
OH NO they all go out together in their little groups! The BO, boarders, kids.... They never ask me. And then this one boarder who I knew before cause she took lessons, well she's always saying how she hasnt gotten the chance to play with me (mind you shes got to be 35+) and askes me all the time if im going to be out the next day and what time. Then she dosent even come that day! It hurst because my life is at the barn and I dont even have friends. And its not like my horse is crazy and no one wants to ride with her. Oh well...

Don't let it get to you. Find enjoyment in solitude with your horse. People are only people and they will hurt you in ways your horse never would or could! (hug)