The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   What do you do when asked about your horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/what-do-you-do-when-asked-15946/)

claireauriga 10-13-2008 02:00 PM

What do you do when asked about your horse?

Lots of us don't actually own horses - some of us lease/loan, some of us have a special one we ride at lessons, many of us switch about between different horses and some of us neither own nor ride right now. So what do you do when faced with a question about 'your' horse? ^^ I'm curious, because my response varies. I tend to read the question, and if I can contribute with something interesting about the horses at my stables, I will, but otherwise, I ignore it.

SonnyWimps 10-13-2008 02:17 PM

I talk about my horse since I own one.....before I would talk about my favorite lesson horse

Dumas'_Grrrl 10-13-2008 03:22 PM

If I'm asked directly about my horses I blab on and on until I have thoroughly "verbally assaulted" the person asking the question...lol :shock: I'm SOOOOOO beyond guilty of TMI when I get to talking about my horses...:oops: It's something I'm working on! :wink:

kickshaw 10-13-2008 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl (Post 166245)
If I'm asked directly about my horses I blab on and on until I have thoroughly "verbally assaulted" the person asking the question...lol :shock: I'm SOOOOOO beyond guilty of TMI when I get to talking about my horses...:oops: It's something I'm working on! :wink:

me too...only i'm not working on it...i figured they really want to know if they ask... :lol:

travlingypsy 10-13-2008 03:26 PM

I jump to any reason to talk about my horse! Im like bla bla bla bla... Thats why I joined the forum. :D

Chiefie 10-13-2008 05:03 PM

I'm a shocker- get me going about my horse and that's it. I've been told my eyes literally light up when I talk about him lol

Vidaloco 10-13-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travlingypsy (Post 166248)
I jump to any reason to talk about my horse! Im like bla bla bla bla... Thats why I joined the forum. :D

Me too :lol:

Jubilee Rose 10-14-2008 12:06 AM

I LOVE when people ask me about my horse! I'll talk about her nonstop. I'm a proud mommy. :razz:

Jemma 10-14-2008 12:09 AM

I don't own a horse, but I love talking about the guys I ride :D

Painted Ride 10-14-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickshaw (Post 166247)
me too...only i'm not working on it...i figured they really want to know if they ask... :lol:

they are fair game for an ear full of they ask. there needs to be a cell phone company that allows minutes for horsey blabber!!!!!:razz: