The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   I miss my car... (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/i-miss-my-car-159889/)

Britt 03-22-2013 01:56 PM

I miss my car...

I'm stuck driving my mum's 2000 model Grand AM at the moment because I hit a deer coming home from work a little over a week ago. :?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to even have a car to drive, but my mum's car sucks. Big time. Now I see why she doesn't even drive it...

There's a short in the wiring and sometimes the blinkers don't work, sometimes you can't get the headlights to come on, other times you can't get them to go off.
The car's battery dies randomly.
The ignition has been ripped out and it is extremely hard to get it to crank.
After pumping gas, it's next to impossible to get it to crank and stay on for at least ten minutes (in which you're sitting at the gas station with people behind you, waiting to get gas, etc... for ten minutes or longer waiting for the car to decide to work)...
The gear shift has been almost ripped out and it has to be forced (literally) into gear.
The seats are highly uncomfortable.
No radio (half of the time, and when it does work, it has a very gritty tune to it...).
The windshield wipers barely work...

I could go on and on...

I miss my car. I want my car back. My cousin better hurry up and get the right parts in and get my car fixed.

Having to drive my mum's crapshoot of a car around has made me realize how much I love my own car... and want it back. Lol...

I wasn't hurt when I hit the deer and wrecked, thank goodness, but I did 2500 dollars worth of damage to my car, according to the insurance company. I should have already had my car back, but my cousin insisted that my car was a 2001 model (and it's a 2002 model) and ordered 2001 model parts instead of the right parts, and when the parts came in, they didn't fit so he's having to reorder the parts...

*sigh*...

Killed the deer on impact, by the way...

Cacowgirl 03-22-2013 04:22 PM

Aww... sorry to hear your sad news..that just sucks for all involved. Hope you get your car back soon.

iRide Ponies 03-25-2013 12:27 AM

Poor deer/dear
*snicker*

Poseidon 03-25-2013 12:32 AM

At least you're okay! And you got the satisfaction of killing the deer. :lol: A deer ran into the side of my car (yes, I was hit by a deer, I did not hit it) when I was in high school. Luckily for me, I was in an auto body class at the time and happened to find replacement parts from a guy and fixed the whole thing for $250, including repainting the entire side to match.

I understand the missing your car though. I had a 2000 Corolla in high school that I adored. However, the engine was going out and, while still being fine to drive in town as long as you stay on top of checking the oil regularly, it burns so badly that I can't drive it on the highway anymore. I live 300 miles from home, so this posed a problem. Sooo I bought a 2009 Corolla almost 2 years ago. I love it too, but it's not the same. It doesn't have the same personality.

DraftyAiresMum 03-25-2013 12:41 AM

I feel your pain. My 2005 Chevy Trailblazer Extended got repo'd (loooooong story) and I needed transportation, so I bought a 1983 Ford Thunderbird Heritage off Craigslist for $875. The ignition switch is touchy (if you turn the key too far, all it does is crank, it won't catch), one of the lifters is stuck (so the engine knocks horribly), there's a ridiculous leak in the power steering system (have to refill it every two or three days), the passenger window doesn't work (it's electric), the radio doesn't work, the A/C and heater don't work, the paint is shot, and it dies at random. But, it gets me to and from work, so I deal with it. The only positive I can say about it is that it's got comfy seats and it's a smooth ride.

For the record, I was born in 1982, so my car is almost as old as I am.
Posted via Mobile Device

Maple 03-26-2013 07:20 AM

146 Attachment(s)
I'm completely car less at the moment :(

The started went on my xtrail, I've been without a car for a solid week today. Such a PITA and very annoying.

I live 3km from the nearest town, 7km from kiddie's school and I've had to rely on other parents to drive her over for me. A friend of my FIL has taken a look at it, and he said it's the worst he's ever seen, but has sent away for the parts.

God knows when I'll have it back again... argh! I had only moved the horses to the new yard on the Monday, got to enjoy riding in an arena for the first time in 3 years... full of plans to get out riding but so didn't happen. I'm going into work insanely early now because hubby has to drop me in - who doesn't like working plenty of OT and not getting paid for it lol

So enjoy having SOMETHING to drive :)

Britt 03-28-2013 09:51 PM

Well... It turns out that my mum;s car wasn't her car after all. It apparetly belonged to a friend of my stepdads and they didn't make the payments and it got repo'd...

:(

I'm carless...

Hang on Fi 03-28-2013 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh my goodness O_O - what rotten luck :(

What was your car that got hit? Just because I'm a car buff, I had to ask :P

Britt 03-29-2013 12:53 PM

It was a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe.

Good news, though! I might get my car back tomorrow!

OutOfTheLoop 03-29-2013 01:16 PM

Payments on a beater such as that...whaaaaat. I loved my old Chevy pickup. I had to rev the engine at red lights to keep it running. People always stared at me like I was stupid. Younger kids thought I wanted torace. Yeah right, that thing wouldn't get past 60. But it hauled my horse trailer, and got me back and forth to work. No a.c. I didn't dare put my makeup on before I got to work in the summer. It would run down my face from the heat on the way to work.
Posted via Mobile Device